Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

5-25 Completed second Chemo Therapy today and now I am cooking 22lbs of butts

Options
2»

Comments

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    The butts look great!  And you will be in my prayers sir.  
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    That bone looks like it wants to just jump out of that butt, you're stocked up with some good eats there.  Thoughts and prayers to kick that cancer.  BTW nothing wrong with that clean look I inherited mine
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Go kick some butt on the Cancer front....and of course do what you are doing on the cook front. Looks like the latter is on cruise control.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Mosca
    Mosca Posts: 456
    Options
    What's your cancer? What are you getting, Carbo/Taxol?
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Give it hell Sonny! Glad to see you are back doing what you enjoy.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • AintEZbeingme
    AintEZbeingme Posts: 177
    Options
    Keep on Keepin on!! Let the smoke continue to rise!
    STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS!
    GIVE ME OYSTERS AND BEER FOR DINNER EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR
     & I'LL FEEL FINE!

SW Georgia :  LARGE & MINI BGE

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    With your outstanding attitude I have no doubt that the battle is already won, your cancer just doesn't know yet that you have kicked its ass.  You personify the saying that 'you have cancer, cancer doesn't have you!'  

Keep on smiling, and thanks for the inspiration friend.  My sore knee does not seem quite as sore now.
  • cmac610
    cmac610 Posts: 153
    Options
    Congrats on wrapping up your treatments. Here's to your health! #Fcancer
    Craig aka Cmac Cooks
    Amesbury, MA
    #BGETeamGreen #TeamArteflame #TeamBarrelProof
    XL BGE, Mini-Max, La Caja China, Arteflame Classic 40, Arteflame One 20, Arteflame Euro 20, Cotton Gin Harvester, Weber Classic, Gozney Dome, Anova wifi Sous Vide.
  • MrWilliams
    MrWilliams Posts: 112
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Sonny3 good luck and happy Memoral Day!!  Nice looking place you have.
    XL BGE & Mini - CT USA
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    You are a warrior and you make good food.  Awesome!
    Flint, Michigan
  • NC_Egghead
    NC_Egghead Posts: 786
    Options
    Sonny, my best wishes to you for a speedy recovery. Great attitude. Great cook. Life is good!
    Charlotte, NC

XL BGE, WSM, Weber Genesis 2, Weber Kettle
  • Kurrgo
    Kurrgo Posts: 23
    Options
    Best wishes, my friend.  Be well!
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    The butts look great. I learned several years ago that we are all running out of time. Been where you are now, survived it and never look back. Cooking is life for me and sharing the results makes even more fun. Look forward to your posts and cooks.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
    godspeed to you on kicking the c words butt!  
  • YYZegger
    YYZegger Posts: 231
    Options
    Great looking butts, keep fighting!
    Toronto, Canada  LBGE
  • evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options

Awesome job. I am a 11 year survivor, I remember the steroids well. Not only do you have unlimited energy you can eat like a horse! I used to call the days right before the next treatment "pack the cheeks days". Just like a hamster, in preparation for the next time. I still remember the trip to Olive Garden and the number of times my bottomless bowl of salad and pasta had to be refilled! The look on the waitresses face was priceless!

God speed buddy, you got this.

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I went with the shiny dome (not a whole lot of natural modifications to remove and will keep it for the duration) a few years ago in support of a friend going thru the same regimen.  Found this site and totally endorse their blade system.
    http://www.headblade.com  Their rig gives a shave as good as any barber.  Matter of fact, I am in search of a great shop that can match it just to experience the treatment.  
    Their after products such as the shave cream and other gear is no better than anyone else.  BTW-most Walgreens or Riteaid stores carry the product.  
    Take no prisoners.
    @Sonny3 - Thanks for the post and all the best to you. We actually just held a head-shaving party for a 30yo cousin who was just diagnosed. Her 36yo brother-in-law was also diagnosed.

I am a headblader. Oddly enough, you'll get the very best shaving experience by using a combo the company specifically advises against - the ATX model with the classic adapter. Better shave angle for a closer shave and less nicks and cuts! Also, rub conditioner on your head prior to applying shave cream to minimize cuts and irritation! I've tried everything and this is by far the best for me!