Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed chicken thighs

Options
Sea2Ski
Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
My wife was going shopping and told her I was itching for some stuffed chicken thighs.  She got the ingredients I listed,  but got the biggest jalapeños I ever saw (they are on a 8" dessert plate) with the smallest thighs I have ever seen.  I am not sure if I could have even used turkey thighs - might have needed ostrich or emu to get these things to fit. Prep was a challenge to the bitter end. Made the best out of the situation and made all kinds off combinations. I even ran out of the sauce I wanted to use.  Still turned out delicious. Cooked indirect at 400-425 for 50 mins. 

--------------------------------------------------
Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
....just look for the smoke!
Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 

Comments

• bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    Options
    Those look great! Good thing you used skinless thighs to cut back on calorie count :).

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    bodski said:
    Those look great! Good thing you used skinless thighs to cut back on calorie count :).
    @bodski  thanks, but what the hell??  You saying I am fat?

Totally messing with you. I got it: Bacon, cheese, sauce, wine etc....

Seems like I can not find any boneless thighs that are not skinless. So it must be the way they process them. I suppose it would be a bit difficult  to cut out the bone but keep the skin on in a commercial production line. 
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    Options
    HaHa! I've noticed the same thing here - a lot of the thighs come skinless. 

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle