Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stainless Steel Doors and Drawers

Options
I am just starting to prepare for the construction of my new outdoor kitchen (see attached concept).  I would really appreciate everyones' input and opinion for SS doors and drawers.  I live in salt environment but don't necessarily need insulation! The design has changed slightly, so I am looking for 30 inch double doors and one section of "narrow" drawers (I have real estate issues now that I am going with a 30 inch sink and doors below).  Build quality, corrosion resistance, etc. is important.  Construction is going to be poured concrete.

Thanks, Tom

Always act so that you can tell the truth about how you act.

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    COOL view concept, but I really have to ask some questions. If that million dollar view is your backdrop then why are you wanting to block it with an outdoor grilling area? Or is that a lower area? 
    Also have you considered the future expansion possibilities? Many of us here don't stop at just 1 BGE but find multiples to our liking. 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • MediumRarely
    MediumRarely Posts: 270
    Options
    Great comments! First off notice the unobstructed view below the countertop on both sides of the Egg.  Second, the new kitchen area is being re-purposed from an old planting bed (the foliage WAS blocking the view) that is approximately 2 feet below the patio grade elevation.  I have attached a couple of pictures showing the current layout (foliage removed).  The new kitchen will be just to the left of the temporary BGE station.  The sink/doors/drawers will be located on the existing half wall.  Regarding multiple BGE's - the XL on the patio is my 5th BGE.  My first was a small bought in 1975 while a sophomore at GaTech.  There should be plenty of countertop for my sixth one (a mini) should my wife authorize and approve the procurement.

Now, for the important stuff - Sunstone, Bull, Cal Flame, King, AOG, Lion, etc.???  Appreciate anyones advice.

Regards, Tom

• MediumRarely
    MediumRarely Posts: 270
    Options
    Here is another pic that shows the area a little better.  I will post more pic's showing progress later this summer.

• Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    Here are some I did for a friend
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
  • VanDawg38
    VanDawg38 Posts: 69
    Options
    I bought a sink cabinet and door panels from werever.com.  Marine grade HPDE.  Worked good for my application.

Awesome view, btw.