Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

lost 25 lbs doing this

I weighed 208, now weigh 183. This took about 4-5 months, with no exercise, outside of walking up stairs at work instead of elevator (I have a bad knee). This is EXACTLY how it worked for me. Really don't need any opinions, thanks. Just sharing.
Breakfast: One Jimmy Dean Brand, Delights- Turkey sausage, egg white, and cheese on and english muffin 250 calories,
                 plus two cups of coffee during my commute.
Midmorning snack: banana or hot beverage (coffee, tea, NO SUGAR) 

Lunch: Visalus protein shake with lo-fat milk. I add Hershey's UNSWEETENED cocoa powder to make it taste like a delicious
        chocolate milkshake (NO ICE CREAM!) can enjoy an apple or orange, or another banana.

Mid afternoon snack - another banana, or hot beverage or better- handful of nuts (think Mediterranean diet here)

Supper WHATEVER I WANT! lasagna, salmon, eat a lot of grilled chicken, steak, pork tenderloin, boneless chops, etc
           plus potato, veggies, small piece of bread, or roll. Really no dessert, just a cup of 100 cal Greek yogurt, or the new    
Zero calorie greek yogurt made by Dannon. maybe a few more nuts..

That's it. been doing this 15 months now, weigh 183 and holding...like Big Green Egg Boston Butt cooking, low and slow..

I'm pretty sure its the sugar being taken out of the diet. Also, I did NOT give up a beer or glass of wine in the evening..
NOTE: The protein shake is specific to VISALUS company: its a proprietary formulation, costs me two dollars a day ($56 dollars sent to my house). I cannot recommend any other protein shake because in this study of one person, its what works.
Two dollars a day, plus some fruit, not a big deal, and the Jimmy Deans in the morning I find delicious. Put some Cholla hot sauce on them, umm, delicious.
On the weekend I make a French omelet with toast and occasionally bacon.

Comments

• tncrna
    tncrna Posts: 8
    The hot sauce is Cholula, the brand with the wooden tops..it comes in original, lime, and chipotle. haven't tried it on the bananas yet, but - hey...
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    @tncrna,  thanks for sharing.  I am 279 and need to do something before diabetes gets me....
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    Glad it worked for you. You should google that company - even just read the Wikipedia entry.  Yikes.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Sounds like a plug for VISALUS shakes :)

I'll bet $56 dollars that the reduced sugar, climbing stairs, and decreased daily caloric intake had more to do with your awesome results than the shake. 

Losing some  weight is one of the best things a person can do for their health. And you showed that you don't have to deprive yourself to do that. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited May 2016

Posting on a discussion forum and saying you don't want opinions... good luck with that.

Congratulations on the weight loss.  I'm sure you feel much better.

For myself, I would skip all gimmicky weight loss products such as shakes.

Phoenix 
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    edited May 2016
    Nice job. But if your still eating two bananas, yogurt, potato, bread and a beer a day, you are still eating TONS of sugar which you said you removed.

How much sugar were you previously eating!?!?

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Could not care less.
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Interesting.  I did not realize we have a weight-loss forum!  This thread fits that forum perfectly.

I have only used OT and Egghead forums.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 18,942
    Btw, I prefer Shakeology.   Seems like a much more balanced product.  Watching overall calories and exercise is key though.

Heathly lifestyle is very important.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Congrats! 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Good work! Weight loss should be slow - more likely to keep it off that way - I started a diet about a year ago, about 6-7 months ago hit 30lbs gone and have been maintaining ever since :-) I could've lost more but my suits fit right again!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Hans61 said:
    I could've lost more but my suits fit right again!

This made me laugh ^^.  Losing weight is difficult, especially when food is a guy's hobby.  

On this forum, I'm guessing I'm in good company with this struggle.
    Phoenix 
  • Laxin16
    Laxin16 Posts: 62
    Nice work! Everyone should invest in a Fitbit! Great tool for increasing activity levels and staying accountable!
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Congrats!  I agree with others that the shakes probably had very little to do with your success, but if you like them and it works for you then keep doing what you are doing.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Congrats on your weight loss! 

My goal for 2016 is to lose just 10 pounds … only 15 to go ...

I just did a week's worth of cardio after walking into a spider web ...

I don't mean to brag but … I finished my 14-day diet food in 3 hours and 20 minutes ...

A recent study has found women who carry a little extra weight live longer than men who mention it ...

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,023
    Congrats!  I got a nutribullet a few months back.  Works for us and it's great being able to know every ingredient that goes into the shake.  My go to is kale, celery, navel orange, tart cherries, cashews, crushed ice and water.  Sounds disgusting but it isn't bad.  And it gives you energy and keeps you "regular."  ;)