Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smores....

Options
dougcrann
dougcrann Posts: 1,129
Had my first Smores few weeks ago.....went 50 years without ever having one. My loving wife has been dropping subtle hints...she left a few chocolate bars, a box of graham crackers and a bag of marshmallows on the table. Any tips or suggestions on how not to just end up coating the inside of her Egg with chocolate and marshmallows would be appreciated....

Comments

• NonaScott
    NonaScott Posts: 446
    Options
    You don't cook the s'mores . Take a cracker lay a piece of chocolate on it. Toast a marshmallow over the fire and put the marshmallow on the chocolate and put another cracker on top and eat
    Narcoossee, FL

LBGE, Nest, Mates, Plate Setter, Ash Tool. I'm a simple guy.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    We make smores sandwiches. White bread coated with Nutella on both inside slices then marshmallows and graham crackers crumbled up. Coated the outsides of the bread with melted butter and cook raised direct with the dome closed and flip once. One of the best things ever.
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Now I have to admit--never heard of it--sounds off the hook. Learn something new--everyday. That deserves a full heal clicking salute. Ahh the simple things
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    Now I have to admit--never heard of it--sounds off the hook. Learn something new--everyday. That deserves a full heal clicking salute. Ahh the simple things
    You have never heard of a S'More?   Holy crap my childhood was filled with these things. We didn't have a camp fire and not have smores.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I have to admit, I had never had a s'more until I met My Beautiful Wife. She made one for me, one night while around the campfire, and an evening camping or around the fire pit is not complete, without s'mores.
    I recommend you try a Cabernet with them, when made with dark chocolate, and a touch of raspberry jam. 
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    If you want to make them on the egg my favorite way is to get a small pan or a sheet of aluminum foil.  Use skewers to toast the mellows over a direct fire, build the s'smores, then put them on the pan and close the dome for a little while.  This will get the chocolate nice and melted. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Holepuncher
    Holepuncher Posts: 388
    Options
    Don't forget you can use ice crean cones.
    Hendersonville, TN.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    The key is to get the marshmallow kind of dark on the outside but not popped. This will get the inside runny so when you put on the chocolate and top with the other cracker the molten lava inside of the marshmallow is what melts the chocolate. That said the egg shouldn't get messy. Just use the fire from egg to toast some marshmallows then that's all use egg for. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I toast the marshmallows and then put them together and finish toasting the whole thing on a cast iron griddle on the egg. 

Little Rock, AR

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    Out favorite variation is using a Reeses PB cup.
    Flint, Michigan
  • BrookieP
    BrookieP Posts: 135
    Options
    I LOVE S'mores but haven't made them on the Egg. I've been microwaving mine (not as good) but I have been meaning to try some variation of "campfire cones" on the Egg... Maybe with pieces of graham crackers. They look like they would be less messy on the Egg. 
    XL BGE & 36" Blackstone
    Instagram: BGEBrooke
  • thebbb
    thebbb Posts: 67
    Options
    Lbge and MiniMax  in Southern Manitoba
  • grillman14
    grillman14 Posts: 63
    Options
    If you do Smores I always use the JCRS Jalepeno Poper Rack....The cones stand up perfectly in them!!! Buy the waffle cones, Reeses's peanut butter cups....(mini)  a piece of Banana and a marshmallow.... Its called the Elvis.... if you want just a smore skip the banana... Just heat until the marsmallow is brown and enjoy!!
    Remember that grilling is more than preparing food… It’s time with family and friends, it’s your heritage and childhood memories….
  • JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Options
    I use sugar cones and small marshmallows  you can stand them in a popper rack. My family love them
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Those of you who never had a smore have never seen sandlot either. Your week just got better. Discovering two new things. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf