Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kingsford 18.6lb twin packs at HD $9.88

Options
Focker
Focker Posts: 8,364
edited May 2016 in EggHead Forum
Posted for the folks who use other cookers.
Lowe's has similar sale, but limit of 2?

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Kingsford-18-6-lb-Charcoal-Briquettes-2-Bag-4460031239/205796026
Brandon
Quad Cities
"If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Thanks. Headed to HD anyway. And I just ran out. :)

I need to hurry though. My store is down to their last 577 2-packs!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    Thanks...need to pick some up...use it to light my Reverse Flow 
  • Focker
    Options
    No prob guys.
    Just pulled in.

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Options
    I used to buy hundreds of pounds of that stuff when I had my Weber Smokey Mountain (before my BGE) when the twin 2-packs came out!
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• Focker
    Options

Don't forget to auscultate, and palpate, each quadrant.  ;)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Focker said:

Don't forget to auscultate, and palpate, each quadrant.  ;)
    No need. Not buying lump. Every piece of Kingsford is perfect! :rofl:

I only bought two 2-packs. Probably should have gotten more.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• clifkincaid
    clifkincaid Posts: 572
    Options
    Wonder if they're going to do the R.O. 9.98 deal soon?

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Perfect. Thanks for the heads up
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Focker
    Options

Wally World here has the RO big bags at $9.94 everyday price.  I've already got a sh!tton, otherwise I'd fill up on that too.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• clifkincaid
    clifkincaid Posts: 572
    Options
    Focker said:

Wally World here has the RO big bags at $9.94 everyday price.  I've already got a sh!tton, otherwise I'd fill up on that too.
    Our WM just has the small bags for 8.99. I think the employees couldn't lift the bags or something. Probably to hard of work.

• Focker
    Options
    Focker said:

Our WM just has the small bags for 8.99. I think the employees couldn't lift the bags or something. Probably to hard of work.

That sucks.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• chrisc133
    chrisc133 Posts: 501
    Options
    Focker said:
    Posted for the folks who use other cookers.
    Lowe's has similar sale, but limit of 2?

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Kingsford-18-6-lb-Charcoal-Briquettes-2-Bag-4460031239/205796026
    For those who have other cookers?  I use briquettes in my Joe all the time. They work great. 
    Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
    Featured on Man Fire Food Season 7
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Thanks for posting, I have plenty in the garage currently, but hey, it doesn't expire.

Question for you @Focker, have you run lump in the WSM? Just curious, I still haven't cooking anything on my except some bacon slices to get it nice and greasy inside.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Focker
    edited May 2016
    Options
    DMW said:
    Thanks for posting, I have plenty in the garage currently, but hey, it doesn't expire.

Question for you @Focker, have you run lump in the WSM? Just curious, I still haven't cooking anything on my except some bacon slices to get it nice and greasy inside.
    Yes, lump works great.  Prefer briquettes for overnighters, solely for slightly longer burn times vs the lump.  Lump is perfectly fine for overnighters, but you'll have to add at some point, I do this first thing in the morning.

I start fires via the minion method, with briquettes to get things going.  Usually a dozen or so, more if it's windy and cold in winter.  If you don't have a chimney starter, pick up Weber's rapid fire(smaller one).  Really handy for lighting a few briquettes for the WSM cooks. 

You could use lump to light, but I like the steady burn of the few briquettes to get things going.  

Have fun with it bud.  Feel free to PM if you have any questions, at any time.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• dougcrann
    Options
    Picked up 4 bags yesterday...ran out of it. Lit my Reverse Flow using kindling wood the other day. Instead of hitting 275* it ran up to a tick under 400*. Luckily even though the firebox is insulated it is not like my beloved Eggs...the temperature will drop...lol...
  • dougcrann
    Options
    Focker said:
    DMW said:

Yes, lump works great.  Prefer briquettes for overnighters, solely for slightly longer burn times vs the lump.  Lump is perfectly fine for overnighters, but you'll have to add at some point, I do this first thing in the morning.

I start fires via the minion method, with briquettes to get things going.  Usually a dozen or so, more if it's windy and cold in winter.  If you don't have a chimney starter, pick up Weber's rapid fire(smaller one).  Really handy for lighting a few briquettes for the WSM cooks. 

You could use lump to light, but I like the steady burn of the few briquettes to get things going.  

Have fun with it bud.  Feel free to PM if you have any questions, at any time.  
    Hmmm....I had one load of lump run 23 hours at 225*. And cooked burgers the following night...and chicken breasts the following.....
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Thanks - good buy, even with my Canadian Loonie worth about 76 cents US. Cross border shopping is usually Canadians going south, last week saw a guy from WA buying Maple Leaf lump (8Kg bags) from my local HD. Said it was agreat buy at $14 a bag for a very good lump.

Speaking of briquettes, anyone use Stubbs? Couple bags I've used were excellent, no longer at Wally World.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Focker
    Options
    Thanks - good buy, even with my Canadian Loonie worth about 76 cents US. Cross border shopping is usually Canadians going south, last week saw a guy from WA buying Maple Leaf lump (8Kg bags) from my local HD. Said it was agreat buy at $14 a bag for a very good lump.

Speaking of briquettes, anyone use Stubbs? Couple bags I've used were excellent, no longer at Wally World.
    Stubbs is good stuff.  In line with Competition Kingsford.  It is more per lb than regular K though.  Seems to be less ashy.

Lowe's will occasionally run it on sale.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities