Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Started out with just a table

Options
This table I built with a friend and it takes two people to move it...Its quite heavy.
Well as you can see, I know how a nice 2 pole gable shelter for my egg.
Remember the metal sheet roofing, well they now have an asphalt product that comes in grey, red, green.
My house is a green color and this blends quite nicely.  Nothing as extensive as a lot that are posted but it will do.

Comments

• matoch
    matoch Posts: 135
    Options
    I like it. Especially the part where you put in the effort to cut out the little detail on the supports.
    Edmonton, Alberta - XL & Minimax
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Nice setup!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • RaySMS
    RaySMS Posts: 42
    Options
    Yeah hard to do with a jigsaw and then wife said make the cutouts bigger after installed so had to cut them out while installed larger and hand sand edges.  Band saw would have made it a lot smoother and professional.  Thanks for the comments.  I think it added something to the small yard we have.

• tncrna
    tncrna Posts: 8
    Options
    That'll work! like it..
  • dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    Outstanding.  You may regret not making it wider. I have a lean to style roof over ours. It extends about 3 foot past the edge of the table...I still get wet when it rains...
  • RaySMS
    RaySMS Posts: 42
    Options
    Well our back yard is like 15' deep and I have another propane grill we bought last year.  Not ready to get rid of it as the wife uses it when she makes burgers and doesn't want to use the egg.....that's more my thing at this point. As for width, our fenced in yard is like 26' and we have a 8x10' shed and a airconditioning compressor.  So I did what I wanted I make the roof so I can actually put a light fixture over the top and have an outlet for the egg.  Bigger would have been nice and would have been easier as well.
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    I like it. Ditto the cut outs. Nice touch. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.