Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Large Egg Table

jlmoon
jlmoon Posts: 3
edited May 2016 in EGG Table Forum
Certainly not as nice as a lot of the tables here, but my table is finally done, and I'm pretty happy with it.  I used all cedar with stainless steel screws.  Under the table nest I used a piece of vermiculite board (about 1" thick) faced with aluminum to help protect it from the elements, but I also bought a table cover for when it's not in use.

The guidelines provided by the mothership (and used by them in their tables) are for 15" table top to shelf top and 21" hole for large eggs.  I wanted more space between the tabletop and the egg, so I cut the hole to 22" using a router.  (I did use the 15" table top to shelf top measurement.)  I also used a router to cut the round profile at each end of the table.  To do both of those, I mounted a long, wide strip of hardboard to the router and used it like a compass.  For the center hole I screwed it straight to the tabletop, but for the ends of the table I clamped a long piece of scrap to the end to serve as a mounting surface.  It's about 60" overall length and about 28.5" deep.  The legs are 30" plus the casters, so about 34.5" total.

My wife stained it with Ready Seal natural cedar color.

Comments