Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tile or stone inlay?

Options
Whats the best way to add a stone or tile "cutting board" inlay into an already built table?  

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Never cut in stone or tile. My 2 cents. 
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    cutting on stone is a fantastic way to dull a knife. 
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    I use the stone portion all the time to lay hot parts and prep food on an easy to clean surface.  No cutting.
  • Blackwidow98
    Blackwidow98 Posts: 134
    Options
    stompbox said:
    I use the stone portion all the time to lay hot parts and prep food on an easy to clean surface.  No cutting.
    That's more or less my intentions with a stone. Mostly for prep.  I have an extra large plastic cutting board I use when needed. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Stone is more beautiful, but tile is going to be easier to clean, replace, etc.  
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Granite tiles from Home Depot are five bucks a piece....
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    I'd use a router.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.