Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New member introduction...

Options
Hey there EGGhead Forum members,

My name is Jeremiah.  I'm a new EGGhead from La Canada Flintridge, CA.  I bought an XL Egg earlier this week, but I've been lurking around this forum for about a month now (doing research, etc).  I'm still waiting for my ConvEGGtor to arrive so I can start indirect cooking.  In the meantime, I've been experimenting with direct cooking recipes (i.e. spatchcock chicken, etc).

I look forward to learning a lot here!
Jeremiah  |  La Canada Flintridge, CA  |  XL BGE
"Life is about experiences...  And one of my absolute favorite experiences is FOOD!"

Comments

• CraftBeernBBQ
    Options

Welcome to the pocket draining club of BBQ'n.

This group is awesome!!!!

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Welcome.. Looking forward to your input.. Have fun and stock the fridge..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • HarrisFrampton
    Options
    Welcome
    Wimberley,TX
    X-Large,Large, Medium and Small
    17" and 28" Blackstones
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Welcome to the madness!!!
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• jak7028
    jak7028 Posts: 231
    Options
    Welcome, you will learn a lot and spend a lot because of this place. 
    Victoria, TX - 1 Large BGE and a 36" Blackstone
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Hey @NERVOUS  .. Welcome to this awesome forum, lotsa good info here. Myself, I'm just around the corner in Chatsworth!!
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Your gonna have a blast here!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Hey! Hi,
    You may have to change your handle after awhile. Once you get the hang of air flow control, you'll have a handle on the basic thing, temp control. Rule 1, don't fuss too much. 10 - 15 degrees either way is acceptable for most things. After that, you'll want info about cooking specific foods.
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Welcome aboard!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Welcome 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Blackwidow98
    Blackwidow98 Posts: 134
    Options
    Welcome!   You'll love the size of the XL!  
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Welcome and don't be so nervous. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Welcome to the forum ...

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Captain_Paul
    Captain_Paul Posts: 138
    Options
    Chubbs said:

Welcome. SGH is in oil biz/eats a lot and once dated Hillary Clinton, Nola and Darby are our mad scientists, Cazzy sold out and bought a big offset smoker or whatever it is but is a hell of a cook, Tarheel Matt's photos of his delicious food make you want to lick the screen, TJV (Tom) owns ceramic grill store, Lit has a RTIC tat next to his egg tat, Husker and Robin (NorthGACock) are two of the more helpful (nice guys), Jeremiah builds cool ****, 4Runner coordinates group Rockwood buys, Stlcharcoal makes Rockwood, Caliking is the egg mod extraordinaire, Dyal is the culinary genius, BGC takes pretty photos and thinks minis are toys, Hapster and Prescott love cigars and brown water, Grim has the badest smoker around and sells defective bottle openers, Henapple only drinks PBR and eats Ozark Oak sandwiches, Mickey likes poodles and was big into getting me where I am with my mini and accessories, Yukon Ron is a lush who drinks bourbon slushies 20 hours a day, John in Carolina has never bitten his tongue in his life, BGEBrent loves Kentucky athletics and is quickly becoming a fan fav, RRP is Rutland Ron Pratt, Little Steven is the tallest guy in Canada, DMW is a narcoleptic, EggObsessed makes a mean brisket chili, PhotoEgg has 18 eggs, Griffin and Necessary Indulgences both have cool food blogs, Doc Eggerton eggs with his parrot and is the peri peri man, epcot is the low carb guy, Ross in Ventura pops in from time to time with a show stopping cook, Jeepster and Ozzie are my favorite father/son combo who both contribute a ton here, CParkTX cooks a lot of good **** click on all of his posts, Carolina Q is quick to call you out on the "egg is the best thing ever" posts, Double Egger is really Rick Flair, Focker is one of my favorites and knows his ****, Mattman uses a diamond plate, and Travisstrick boils briskets. That should catch you up for now-- I know I missed some. Me? Well I am the Buffalo of the forum. Take pictures or most will blackball you.

Hey I'm new too but just had to point out and say thanks for the time spent on that nice introduction. 

And hey BGEBrent, Go Cats!
    LBGE, Minimax
    Owensboro, Kentucky
    Go Cats!
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Chubbs said:

Welcome. SGH is in oil biz/eats a lot and once dated Hillary Clinton, Nola and Darby are our mad scientists, Cazzy sold out and bought a big offset smoker or whatever it is but is a hell of a cook, Tarheel Matt's photos of his delicious food make you want to lick the screen, TJV (Tom) owns ceramic grill store, Lit has a RTIC tat next to his egg tat, Husker and Robin (NorthGACock) are two of the more helpful (nice guys), Jeremiah builds cool ****, 4Runner coordinates group Rockwood buys, Stlcharcoal makes Rockwood, Caliking is the egg mod extraordinaire, Dyal is the culinary genius, BGC takes pretty photos and thinks minis are toys, Hapster and Prescott love cigars and brown water, Grim has the badest smoker around and sells defective bottle openers, Henapple only drinks PBR and eats Ozark Oak sandwiches, Mickey likes poodles and was big into getting me where I am with my mini and accessories, Yukon Ron is a lush who drinks bourbon slushies 20 hours a day, John in Carolina has never bitten his tongue in his life, BGEBrent loves Kentucky athletics and is quickly becoming a fan fav, RRP is Rutland Ron Pratt, Little Steven is the tallest guy in Canada, DMW is a narcoleptic, EggObsessed makes a mean brisket chili, PhotoEgg has 18 eggs, Griffin and Necessary Indulgences both have cool food blogs, Doc Eggerton eggs with his parrot and is the peri peri man, epcot is the low carb guy, Ross in Ventura pops in from time to time with a show stopping cook, Jeepster and Ozzie are my favorite father/son combo who both contribute a ton here, CParkTX cooks a lot of good **** click on all of his posts, Carolina Q is quick to call you out on the "egg is the best thing ever" posts, Double Egger is really Rick Flair, Focker is one of my favorites and knows his ****, Mattman uses a diamond plate, and Travisstrick boils briskets. That should catch you up for now-- I know I missed some. Me? Well I am the Buffalo of the forum. Take pictures or most will blackball you.

No clue how I forgot my main man Centex. He is top 3 most knowledgeable on here and his advice is one of the ones I trust the most. Brisket, Sous vide, and meat glue genius. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    XL is off to a good start.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Welcome.  Keep your wallet close
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Chubbs said:

Chubbs just STOP showing off! Good job though. :)

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Welcome to the Cult and say goodbye to your money! :)

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    Chubbs said:

I am an invisible MoFo that passes out a lot of compliments. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,660
    Options
    Howdy

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Welcome aboard.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • NERVOUS
    NERVOUS Posts: 104
    Options
    Chubbs said:

Wow, what an intro @Chubbs...  Thanks for sharing.  FYI, my new goal on this forum is to make it to this list.
    Jeremiah  |  La Canada Flintridge, CA  |  XL BGE
    "Life is about experiences...  And one of my absolute favorite experiences is FOOD!"
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I was just setting my bourbon slushy down to bid a meaningful welcome, but I see I have been introduced already. Feels great getting recognized in the group which I consider the finest this lifestyle has to offer.
    Anyway, do have fun, the least expensive part of your journey with the BGE is done, now it is time to prepare for wallet genocide.
    Oh, yeah, GO CATS!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Welcome to the wild world of egging.   Be sure to check out ceramic grill store before a bunch of money is spent on stuff u dont need

Po s t picts of cooks plz

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    @Chubbs  .....  

@NERVOUS. Welcome
    Phoenix 
  • damnedhooligan
    Options
    Welcome!!! I'm in Claremont and also have an XL

XL BGE with adj rig & woo2

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I see the booze was flowing at my house last night....

Damn forgot Yolk, Eggcelsior, Blasting, and JohnKitchens and sure some others. 

Summary---everyone here is awesome. Enjoy the ride. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013