Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 large eggs in So-Cal!

Options
Hey guys! I have been a long time reader in this community and finally joined. These are my 2 Large eggs in the table I built. I have been using eggs for a few years now. I work for a dealer that actually sells the eggs! I am a certified egg head 

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Welcome, and I like the twins. 
    Phoenix 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Welcome aboard!  Looking forward to seeing your cooks.  Nice set up brother.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,382
    Options
    Welcome aboard and continue to enjoy the journey.
    An observation-there have been a good number of table fires caused when the BGE was only on a paver.  The wood below charred and eventually ignited-this was over time, or in one case the wood failed and the BGE (with burning lump) dumped and away it went.  You may want to give strong consideration to  air-gapping the base even with the paver.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • MNWILKO
    MNWILKO Posts: 3
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    An observation-there have been a good number of table fires caused when the BGE was only on a paver.  The wood below charred and eventually ignited-this was over time, or in one case the wood failed and the BGE (with burning lump) dumped and away it went.  You may want to give strong consideration to  air-gapping the base even with the paver.
    Thanks for the heads up.Do you think the big green egg table nest would resolve the issue?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,382
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have my BGE's in the true nest not a table configuration but from others the nest is certainly sufficient to create the spacing.  If you have the green BGE feet from a few years ago, they would do the trick as well.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    MNWILKO said:
    lousubcap said:
    Thanks for the heads up.Do you think the big green egg table nest would resolve the issue?
    That would do the trick.  Great heads up.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Welcome! And definitely get some table nests. 
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    Where in so cal?
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Very nice set up. Looking forward to your forum contributions.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    Nice looking setup!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    welcome aboard, and nice set up!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Hey Welcome, nice to see another from CA 
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Doubling down an the bigs is a great way to start....welcome aboard.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Hey brother, nice set-up. What city in SoCal, maybe we're neighbors!
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I have my BGE's in the true nest not a table configuration but from others the nest is certainly sufficient to create the spacing.  If you have the green BGE feet from a few years ago, they would do the trick as well.  

Thanks for the tip on the feet...
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Options
    Welcome aboard!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• NERVOUS
    NERVOUS Posts: 104
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Lots of SoCal folks on this forum...  I'm from La Canada Flintridge, CA.

@MNWILKO - Nice looking setup.  I've only had my BGE for a couple days and I'm already thinking about adding another one.  Welcome to the forum.
    Jeremiah  |  La Canada Flintridge, CA  |  XL BGE
    "Life is about experiences...  And one of my absolute favorite experiences is FOOD!"
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Welcome ... good choice on a double large set up.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• MNWILKO
    MNWILKO Posts: 3
    Options
    Sorry for the late response I live in Ventura and work In Santa Barbara. I purchased my table nests now just waiting on them to come in!