Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Leftover Brisket

So my neighbor smoked a brisket and gave me the leftovers a day later, whats the best thing to do with brisket leftovers?  make burnt ends?  was just curious

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    The sky is the limit!

quesadillas, nachos, pizza, sammiches, on a plate by itself, burnt ends, omelette....
  • avibug
    avibug Posts: 172
    Chili
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Curry... seriously
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    BGE cookbook chili

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,723
    edited April 2016
    It goes great in soups, baked potatoes, and as a hash In addition to what everyone else mentioned.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    One more for Chili.  There are some great recipes on this site.  If you are lazy like me just grab a box of this:

Carroll Shelbys custom chili ki
    Follow the directions but use the diced tomatoes and add sauted onions, peppers, garlic.  I will leave the beans or no beans decision to you. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• lewisj82
    lewisj82 Posts: 184
    Aside from things al;ready mentioned, enchiladas or breakfast tacos. Works well in vegetable beef soup also.

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Chili is my go to 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    If we're talks chili, might I suggest @EggObsessed award winning Salado chili. Search the forum. Can't miss it
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,723
    If we're talks chili, might I suggest @EggObsessed award winning Salado chili. Search the forum. Can't miss it
    I made this recently and it was amazing!!!!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    blakeas said:
    So my neighbor smoked a brisket and gave me the leftovers a day later, whats the best thing to do with brisket leftovers?  make burnt ends?  was just curious.

On burnt ends that depends, did they give you the point or flat or both.  Burnt ends usually comes from the point, but I too vote for chili or a beef stew maybe?  Brisket taco's sounds good as well.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Brisket nachos are one of our "go-to's" along with @EggObsessed award winning smoked brisket chili........you will NEVER go wrong with a batch.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Depending on what kind of seasoning and smoke I use on the meat I will use leftover brisket or pulled pork in the same manner that I use browned hamburger/ground sausage. The possibilities are pretty much your imagination.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • kwdickert
    kwdickert Posts: 308
    grill up some bell peppers and onions and make a philly cheese brisket wrap or sandwich!
    Memphis TN - Large Green Egg
  • xiphoid007
    xiphoid007 Posts: 536
    Small cubes heated up with a 50/50 mix of your favorite BBQ sauce and beef brother. Ladle over some toast. With a little mashed potatoes, a meal fit for a king!
    Pittsburgh, PA - 1 LBGE
  • malligator
    malligator Posts: 102
    I'm no expert having only done a brisket once, but I can tell you that a few slices on top of ranch style beans is some seriously good (and easy) eats. I also like to mix habanero Rotel into my ranch style beans. It's a meal to make Ron Swanson proud.

LBGE in PHX

• RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    Hash is my vote.  Shredded Potatoes, Cheese, Brisket, with a Sunny Side Up egg...no better start to the day.
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA