Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

question raised about Fred's Franks

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
any of you guys out East want to answer the question on greenegger.com?
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Why would you post that here?
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    funny.  i remember a time when this was the "forbidden" forum for forum faithfuls.

funny how things change

(for the better, fwiw)
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Lit
    Options

So you ask people to go to another forum to answer a question on a forum that this forum split from and you see no issues?

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options

I must have missed the break up.  Is it taboo to go to both?

Apollo Beach, FL
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Lit said:

So you ask people to go to another forum to answer a question on a forum that this forum split from and you see no issues?

This forum took the content, user information and passwords of the members of the old form without any permission from the users. Not really a split. More of a hostile takeover of information to create this forum. But that's the past.
    Many of us post on both forums with no issues but some just stir the pot for no reason.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    Lit said:

pretty sure most of the anger from the split disappeared along time ago with most =) wouldnt this forum be the rtic of forums and the other original one be the yeti
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Lit
    Options
    Wardster said:

Not taboo at all but to redirect people from one site to answer a question on another is kinda in bad taste.
  • Lit
    Options
    Lit said:

pretty sure most of the anger from the split disappeared along time ago with most =) wouldnt this forum be the rtic of forums and the other original one be the yeti
    There's no anger I posted there for awhile after the split. I was referring to asking people to leave this forum to go to any other BBQ forum. There are egg questions all the time on various BBQ forums we should all go to them and answer their questions.
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options

Photo Egg said:
    Lit said:

This forum took the content, user information and passwords of the members of the old form without any permission from the users. Not really a split. More of a hostile takeover of information to create this forum. But that's the past.
    Many of us post on both forums with no issues but some just stir the pot for no reason.

Lit said:

Wonderful comments guys. No! I see no problem either!
    Didn't realize we had a line in the sand. Actually there are many other Egg "forums" , for lack of a better term, too. We all share good information. Isn't that the point?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    both of these forums are here to promote and sell eggs, pretty sure bge is fine with that. its not like sending someone to a primo forum
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Lit said:
    Wardster said:

Not taboo at all but to redirect people from one site to answer a question on another is kinda in bad taste.
    I probably agree with this.  There would have been no controversy to just post the question and then go to the other forum if you got an answer.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    :) So who are the crips and who are the bloods???
    Apollo Beach, FL
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Wardster said:
    No kidding!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,055
    Options
    So what is the question @RRP ?  Why not just repost it here?   :)
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I think the question should be reposted here, but answered either on FB or the Nest
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Options
    Wow, I had to see what the fuss is about that other website.  Is that THE BigGreenDave of the Tree Rat thread that I saw posting over there?  If so, I'm jumping sides just for the amusement he brings
  • Eggaroo
    Eggaroo Posts: 417
    Options
    :o  I'm confused. 
    Greenwood, IN | XL BGE | Weber Genesis | Blackstone 28 | bunch of accessories  =)
  • bgeaddikt
    bgeaddikt Posts: 503
    Options
    wow that's the whole reason behind it? blah
    Austin, Tx
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Wardster said:
    Given the likely demographics of an average Egg owner it would likely be the Greasers and the Socs.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Because the guy who asked the question doesn't come here, but the guys who could answer the question and did NOW post here. I was merely trying to help, not start some range war. There's a lot more cross traffic including additional monikers in play than what some new eggers here are aware. Peace all.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,055
    Options
    RRP said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    Because the guy who asked the question doesn't come here, but the guys who could answer the question and did NOW post here. I was merely trying to help, not start some range war. There's a lot more cross traffic including additional monikers in play than what some new eggers here are aware. Peace all.
    Couldn't you just ask us and relay the answer?  :confused:
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    odie91 said:
    Is that THE BigGreenDave of the Tree Rat thread that I saw posting over there? 
    Yes

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    that big green dave guy is a nut job.  can't take anything he says seriously
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited April 2016
    Options
    This guy knows exactly what he is talking about.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    He had a sweet fiero though
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    so, what is the question?  I'm not going to try and find another forum, create a login, etc ad nauseum.  Why can't the question and answer be posted here?
    Cuz I am curious, just too lazy to search for it.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• NonaScott
    NonaScott Posts: 446
    Options
    Zmokin said:
    so, what is the question?  I'm not going to try and find another forum, create a login, etc ad nauseum.  Why can't the question and answer be posted here?
    Just type greeneggers.com in your browser and read. no registration required. It's not that hard
    Narcoossee, FL

LBGE, Nest, Mates, Plate Setter, Ash Tool. I'm a simple guy.
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Seems to be several nut jobs over here. Geez. 

Little Rock, AR

• Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    NonaScott said:
    Zmokin said:
    Just type greeneggers.com in your browser and read. no registration required. It's not that hard
    Well, I guess the topic of this post struck my curiosity button,
    Unfortunately the question and answer was most boring for me.
    Maybe that's why curiosity killed the cat
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.