Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sausage Fest

Options
In honor of MLB's Opening Day (Go Cardinals!), I wanted to do brats/sausages today. I had some sausages in the freezer from a local shop here in KC, Local Pig. I also picked up some Conecuh sausage based on recommendations of other members here. As I picked that up, I also saw they had some pre-smoked Pork Jowl, so picked some of that up just because. And then I remembered the Hasselback Salami that someone had posted not long ago, and just had to give it a try!

The Local PIg sausages were (from top down) Kielbasa, Garlic brats, Chorizo Roja, and Chorizo Verde. The Hasselback was Johnsonville summer sausage, basted with a homemade mix of butter, bbq sauce, kethup, dijon, and hot sauce. 

I was doing some yardwork and the sausages got a way from me a bit, got overcooked and were a bit dry, but overall everything was great! Made for a nice little Sunday. 

Comments