Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HELP! First BGE cook for the friends! What to serve 15 people?

Options
GHEgger
GHEgger Posts: 37
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
HELP!!! I've had the BGE for about a month now, and I've almost gone through 3/4 bag of BGE lump! Love that thing![p]I'm having my first yard party with the group this weekend, and I'm trying to figure out what to cook. We'll have about 12-15 people, and I want to show off the BGE!! I've done ribs, chicken, steak, beef roast, pork t-loin and pizza on the BGE so far, and they are all awesome. I want something more than just brats & burgers, but I don't want to pull an all-nighter since the weekend is pretty busy.[p]Any ideas? I was thinking spares or chickens, since I'm looking for something that will be done in under 4 hours. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Comments

• tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    GHEgger,
    Cornish game hens, half a bird each. Do them whole for about 90 minutes or so. Cant go wrong!

• CT Grillguy
    CT Grillguy Posts: 149
    Options
    GHEgger,[p]I think Pork Tenderloins are heaven on the BGE and really show the difference between it and other grills. You could do that and some BBQ Chicken pieces and maybe some ABT's as well.[p]Have fun!
  • EddieMac
    EddieMac Posts: 423
    Options
    Another suggestion is Prime Rib....this is an extremely easy cook....and you can eat Prime Rib anywhere....But there's nothing quite like a Prime Rib off a BGE.....Cook at 350 Dome....Indirect....Slathered in a garlic paste....140 - 145 middle internal temp.....[p]Good Luck![p]Ed McLean....Eddiemac
    Ft. Pierce, FL

• egghead2004
    egghead2004 Posts: 430
    Options
    eddiemac,[p]Prime rib is great, would be a big one for 15 people. [p]Then some chicken wings or thighs could be put on the egg while the roast rests. [p]or[p]how about portabello mushrooms?[p]scallops wraped in bacon of presiuto?[p]lamb/beef/veggie kabobs?[p]thinly sliced marinated flank steak[p][p][p]
  • BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    GHEgger,
    One of my favorite cooks is a bone-in pork rib or loin roast. I cook direct at about 450 dome rib side down to an internal of 145. I season heavy with Paul Prudhomes pork rub. Let rest for about 10/15 minutes to redistribute the juices. Cut from the bones and then slice about 1/2 inch slices. Cut up the bones and put on a plate for your guests. It tastes great. Good Luck' Tom

• BajaTom
    Options
    BajaTom,
    Here's a picture of the pork rib roast

[ul][li][url=http://3020410c.jpg]http:ul]
  • BajaTom
    Options
    3020410c.jpg
    <p />BajaTom,
    One more try.