Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The price....

Options
dougcrann
dougcrann Posts: 1,129
....can't help but laugh when folks complain about the price of Eggs... 

Comments

• epcotisbest
    epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
    Options
    dougcrann said:
    Why? 
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    When the prices on eggs avg $200 dollars more on the West Coast vs prices in the South, your damn right I'm gonna complain. That. 
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • SloppyJoe
    SloppyJoe Posts: 406
    Options
    Ya'll need a Snickers Bar.
  • chrisc133
    chrisc133 Posts: 501
    Options
    OP working hard to increase that post count haha 
    Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
    Featured on Man Fire Food Season 7
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    And a tampon, maybe some Midol on the side prn.  Symptoms should subside in almost one week.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    lol ... should count my blessings, we do have a ton of tri-tip here in So Cal.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
  • 1move
    1move Posts: 516
    edited April 2016
    Options
    dougcrann said:
    Try coming up to Canada where an XL is $1850 and a MiniMax is $875. This was before our dollar went down and was pretty much at par. Of course I am going to complain when the same package I got in the US was half price!!!!
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,175
    Options
    The egg was real expensive,  till I found this board.  You jerks have cost me a small fortune. 
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • FarmerTom
    FarmerTom Posts: 685
    Options
    That^^^^^^^^

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• apinion
    apinion Posts: 470
    Options
    Bought another large egg today for $200.  WHAT A PRICE!!!!!!
    Louisianian by birth, Louisianian by death. Austinite for now...
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    Eggs are pretty cheap.  Just bought a dozen large eggs for $3.  <span>:rofl:</span>
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    The egg is the least expensive part of this lifestyle. We are dropping another 30 grand in our kitchen, partly because of our BGEs. That does not even touch everything else we have built, or bought or added on to since the first egg purchase. 
    The cost is nothing.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    The egg was real expensive,  till I found this board.  You jerks have cost me a small fortune. 
    Yup...
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    They could give them away and we'd still spend on pimping. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    One of the least expensive grills around. Don't have to throw them away every 5 years like most others.

The other stuff, well. I got nothin. 
  • Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    Options
    @YukonRon, what are you adding to the kitchen and is it indoor or outdoor?
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Sweet100s said:
    @YukonRon, what are you adding to the kitchen and is it indoor or outdoor?
    We bought a turn of the century (circa 1907) craftsman home, and have been basically rebuilding it. The Kitchen is indoors and very small with almost zero storage. We are remodeling it, getting a larger refrigerator, storage for food savers, slicers,  CI, outdoor cooking utensils, etc., and to make it more functional than it is now. Adding a garbage disposal, prep sinks and stations, as there is none of this currently.
    So I budgeted 30k for this. We will see where it ends.....

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    Options
    @YukonRon, I found the kitchens forum on the old gardenweb site to be a great resource when remodeling a kitchen. Those people know the details.  Lots of before versus after pictures posted.

Now Houzz bought them.   I enjoy Houzz, but tend to read the kitchen / old garden web forum there a lot less now that Houzz took them over. Not sure why. 
  • YukonRon
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Sweet100s said:
    @YukonRon, I found the kitchens forum on the old gardenweb site to be a great resource when remodeling a kitchen. Those people know the details.  Lots of before versus after pictures posted.

Now Houzz bought them.   I enjoy Houzz, but tend to read the kitchen / old garden web forum there a lot less now that Houzz took them over. Not sure why. 
    We have been doing the Houzz, and I have been working on several designs. We have changed direction so many times, it is seemingly a daily thing. We are close to being back to where we started, on the initial design. Checking out counter tops today. It will likely change again....
    Thank you for the insight.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky