Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mystery--What is this Oxo Tool?

Options
13»

Comments

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Send a pix and ask OXO!!~~
  • 1move
    1move Posts: 516
    Options
    Rascal said:
    Send a pix and ask OXO!!~~
    Thanks for reading the thread captain obvious 
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    What's it got to do with two hugs & a kiss?
    Flint, Michigan
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    I just heard from Oxo:

"It is a Pleated Citrus Reamer.  You cut a lemon in half, stick in the reamer and wiggle it back and forth while squeezing the lemon half. Some people use a fork to juice a lemon this way."

Judy in San Diego
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    edited March 2016
    Options
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Currently unavailable.  Apparently there was only one of them.
    NOLA
  • Mosca
    Mosca Posts: 456
    Options
    Next question: How did it wind up in your kitchen drawer? =)
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I think something like one of these has to work much better:
    Amco Enameled Aluminum Lemon Squeezer
    I got one free with a bottle of Tequila.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @Mosca: What a snarky question. I don't do one-upsmanship.

@tonyled: I have a problem with reamers, namely that the seeds come out with the juice. I only use something that strains the juice now, which explains the build-up of tools in my gadget drawer! Live and learn.
    Judy in San Diego
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    I will have to say I am a little disapointed in Google's reverse image search on this one.  Well, now i can finally get some sleep knowing what this is.   =)
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I think something like one of these has to work much better:
    Amco Enameled Aluminum Lemon Squeezer
    I don't like those. The metal flexes a bit and leaves some juice in the lemon/lime. I have a wooden one from India that works better.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, Judy :) I've been wondering what that darn thing was for the past couple of days too. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options

@tonyled: I have a problem with reamers, namely that the seeds come out with the juice. I only use something that strains the juice now, which explains the build-up of tools in my gadget drawer! Live and learn.
    understood, they can slip through 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    caliking said:
    I don't like those. The metal flexes a bit and leaves some juice in the lemon/lime. I have a wooden one from India that works better.
    Does it come with a bottle of tequila??  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Talk about a uni-tasker.......can't imagine spending earned $$ on that.  Thanks.....this has been a cool thread.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • lewisj82
    lewisj82 Posts: 184
    Options
    Well... I learned something today.

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby
  • Mosca
    Mosca Posts: 456
    edited March 2016
    Options
    @Mosca: What a snarky question. I don't do one-upsmanship.

I'm sorry if it sounded snarky; I don't do snarky, nor do I use internet message boards as one-upmanship. I didn't mean to attack you, that's why I put the smile at the end. I thought the answer would be interesting, and maybe serve as a straight line for you to make a joke back. I didn't realize it was offensive. Please accept my apology.
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    Thanks for posting this.  Had everyone in this house stumped.  None of our guesses were right.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• 1move
    Options
    I wasnt too far off
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Mystery Solved!!

Because I once saw Jacques Pepin juice a lemon, there's no way I'd have known what that gadget was . . . . [couldn't find a video of JP doing it, but it's roll the lemon, cut it in half, and use your fingers to ream it out over a bowl, catching the seeds as you go -- pure artistry].
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    Mystery Solved!!

Because I once saw Jacques Pepin juice a lemon, there's no way I'd have known what that gadget was . . . . [couldn't find a video of JP doing it, but it's roll the lemon, cut it in half, and use your fingers to ream it out over a bowl, catching the seeds as you go -- pure artistry].
    Kinda like the trick of separating the yolk and the white using just the two halves of the shell. Little mess and nothing to clean up! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • 1move
    Options
    RRP said:
    Mystery Solved!!

Kinda like the trick of separating the yolk and the white using just the two halves of the shell. Little mess and nothing to clean up! 
    @RRP I do mine this way, I find that it is so much easier 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_AirVOuTN_M

XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    So glad you found out....now.....are you going to keep it??  I agree, this has been fun trying to figure out what it was. You could always put it in your suitcase and bring it to the Texas Eggfest and we could make margaritas.....
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    Currently unavailable.  Apparently there was only one of them.
    No, I went to six supermarkets tonight and NONE of them had pleated citrus.  Fringe tool.   =)

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month