Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT. A honest question.

Options
2»

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Neither... I'm OG!  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • gtcharlie
    gtcharlie Posts: 65
    Options
    I-tunes is what drove me from the iPhone to Android.  Couldn't stand using it.   However now after having an Android phone for a couple of years I am considering going back.  One of my big issues is after switching from an iPhone I have had all kinds of problems with group text messaging from people who have iPhones (which includes all my family members).  Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.   I have tried everything to remedy it without success.   And one other thing--  backing up an Android phone and restoring it versus doing it on an iPhone is a huge pain in the backside.   Way more complicated.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I need a new phone. I have a Samsung I have had since October of 2010! Ancient in phone years. It is starting to act up. My wife and kids have Iphones, but I haven't fallen in love with them. 

I don't what to go with next, but I need to do something soon. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    I'm an iphone guy and have been since the first generation.  Main reason - they just work.  No futzing with settings and other stuff.

Yes, I am a geek and I love my electronic toys from RC Cars, Drones, etc.  But when it comes to my phone, I want something that I don't have to think about.

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options

throw pricing in there, too, for consideration.  top of the line iphones run $750-950.  no way I would pay that for a phone, so I was looking at the nexus phones, like the 5x, for $400.  now at least apple has a new, smaller model out, with the latest chip, for $500 with 64 gb.

I've had my iphone for 3 years, it's been durable, and has worked well.  getting slow, though so I may also be looking for something new.

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Fellows, I really appreciate everyone who took a minute to offer their thoughts. Some of y'all brought up something that I had not thought about. I have purchased several movies, songs and apps. I guess that they would be lost if I switched. That certainly swings it heavily toward staying with the iPhone.  Again, I haven't had any issue at all with my iPhone 5s. Was just curious if I was missing out on something or not. Sounds like I'm not. Again, thanks everyone for your input.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    What in the world. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• EastTNBGE
    EastTNBGE Posts: 74
    Options
    Like you said in the original post you have never had a problem with your Iphone.  If it isn't broken why try and fix it. 

East TN- Large BGE, Cyber Q, Kick-Ash-Basket, Smokeware Cap, Anova Sous Vide, Pizza Stones

#BBN

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    I'd say stick with what you know how to use. 
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I've always had an iPhone. If I were really wanting to try Android I would make sure to get a Nexus because it runs pure Android OS. You don't have to deal with any other manufactures proprietary interfaces such as Touch Wiz.

I have always enjoyed the regular OS updates Apple provides. Android phones don't get updated as frequently because the updates have to be tested and approved by both the phone manufacture and then the cell carrier before they are released. This can take from months to never depending on the phone. High end Androids tend to be updated and the lower end stuff quickly becomes an orphan.  
    Some Androids are orphaned the day they are sold. With that being said, if the phone does what you need it to do, there may not be any real reasons to update.

I have an uneasy relationship with Apple, sometimes I yearn for the freedom that Android provides.

In the end, Apple gives a smoother experience and Android provides greater control over the phones features.

If you just like a phone that works the iPhone is a good choice. If you like to tinker around under the hood Android may be for you.

For the record, my hatred for iTunes is legendary.

• SGH
    Options
    Stupid buffalo. 

Status- Standing by.