Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Moink Ball Dipping Sauce Help?

I'm looking for something to send my Moink balls over the top.  I've tried a few things.  Mayo mustard and vinegar sauce, a sweet sauce, a pepper bbq sauce, cherry reduction sauce.  Nothing has really done it yet for me. 

We have a big basketball game on Friday that I need to bring my balls to so any help would be awesome.  On Wisconsin!

Comments

• Eggscuses
    Eggscuses Posts: 399
    edited March 2016
    How about  mayo, mustard, ketchup, horseradish, maybe some cumin in there too. And a little hot sauce or cayenne for a little bite. Lighter on the mustard and ketchup.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
    Blues Hog original works for me.  I use a spicy rub and a sweet bbq sauce. I love the things.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    What are you basting them with while cooking?

This may not work with a moink ball, I'm not sure, but I love Thai dipping sauces with lime, sugar, fish sauce, red pepper, etc.  I think I could eat that stuff on pancakes.  It's great on fried things, cuts the grease a bit so it may be good on a moink ball if they're not all bbq'd up with sauce.  Might be good if you subbed ground chicken for the beef, but I'm not going to try to name that ball.
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,167
    im thinking sweet, but you tried a cherry reduction. Maybe some kind of candied jalapeno concoction?
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564

Try our Tequila BBQ Sauce we make for our Baja Wave Pulled Pork Tequila Lime Tacos.

Tequila BBQ Sauce:

• 1 small California/New Mexico dried chile
    • One 6-ounce can tomato paste
    • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
    • 1/2 cup white tequila
    • 1/4 cup lime juice
    • 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
    • 1 tablespoon molasses
    • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Begin by placing the dried chile in a bowl with 1/4 cup hot water to rehydrate. In a medium saucepan, add the tomato paste, light brown sugar, tequila, lime juice, garlic and molasses. Stir well and bring to a gentle simmer. Add in the chile and soaking water, season with salt and pepper and simmer until the flavors meld together, 2 to 3 minutes. Use as a traditional BBQ Sauce (remove chile) or you can process with a blender to use as a dipping sauce.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited March 2016
    This is kind of a classic redneck meatball sauce:
    1/2 part Heinz Chili Sauce
    1/2 part grape jelly

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Hotch.  Thanks for the sauce.   Made it tonight.   Fantastic stuff!!
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
    @hotch is always good for a wonderful recipe!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Hotch.  Thanks for the sauce.   Made it tonight.   Fantastic stuff!!
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope your guests do so as well. You are almost halfway to doing the Tacos. Let me know if you need anything else.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX