Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Denver D...

Options
13»

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    WyBBQer said:
    Wolfpack said:
    Agree could have been handled better but really what do you expect someone to say?

reporter- cam why do you feel you didn't play up to your prior performance?

hummm- let's see- because we didn't score enough points?

cam- are you disapointed with the game-

well that's another perplexing question- yes

i mean seriously- all of these guys work extremely hard and reach the peak of the mountain to have their dreams shattered. They then have to get on TV with a bunch of dumb ass reporters asking ridiculous questions. 

Would be be like me having to give an interview after I just burned my snake river farms brisket. I'd be too pissed to want to talk about it. 
    If you got paid Millions of $s to be professional then we could expect a good sportsmanship conduct.  Just my .02 worth
    But why?  Why does he have to do that?  

Did Peyton get criticized for throwing his O line under the bus in 06?  

Could it have been Chris Harris in the background while Cam was talking, telling they strategy to shut him down?  That's probably one of the reasons he got up.  

When a guy has the burn for football like him, losing doesn't come easy.  I don't see why all the butt hurt for what he did.  He showed much class on the field towards Peyton.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • waegger
    Options
    Those stupid questions have been asked every qb that has lost a super bowl, in 50 yrs how many have walked off the post game interview?
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Why does everyone care about what Cam is doing exactly?  He greeted the opposing QB with style and gave credit where credit is due.  

Why does Cam HAVE to be like others?  That's not him.  In a world where the thought of be yourself is evident, others want to go back to "that's what you're supposed to do".  

THIS is class... 

He doesn't have to be anything other than be himself. But, to be transparent I've always said he IS a very talented QB & he and the entire Panther team deserved to play in the SB. Yes, that Hallmark moment shot above prior to the first snap... is keeping it classy. That was before he got pile driven over and over. Nobody expected him to be all smiles after the loss. But, grow a set and man the fu¢k up!  Throwing 5 yr old tantrums on the sidelines doesn't make a statement. Unless that statement I'm a whiny bi+ch!  It wasn't just the post game press conf. Unless I was watching a different game.  One thing is for certain he has a solid career ahead. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    Agree could have been handled better but really what do you expect someone to say?

reporter- cam why do you feel you didn't play up to your prior performance?

hummm- let's see- because we didn't score enough points?

cam- are you disapointed with the game-

well that's another perplexing question- yes

i mean seriously- all of these guys work extremely hard and reach the peak of the mountain to have their dreams shattered. They then have to get on TV with a bunch of dumb ass reporters asking ridiculous questions. 

Would be be like me having to give an interview after I just burned my snake river farms brisket. I'd be too pissed to want to talk about it. 
    Not trying to pile on but this was an easy Super Bowl press conference to find where the losing QB spoke to the press.  I don't think you will find a more professional player in the league.  Cam is an extremely talented con man and his true colors came through when he had to deal with adversity....plain and simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWuQOUhyGtE

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @GATraveller Absolutely P. Manning is a pro and has had to swallow his pride more than once or twice. You grow and learn with defeat. 
    C. Newton is an extremely talented QB but, at 26 still lacks the maturity. Bottom line he's still immature. At 26 I'm sure I was still immature and I wasn't on a stage in front of millions being examined under a microscope. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    @GATraveller Absolutely P. Manning is a pro and has had to swallow his pride more than once or twice. You grow and learn with defeat. 
    C. Newton is an extremely talented QB but, at 26 still lacks the maturity. Bottom line he's still immature. At 26 I'm sure I was still immature and I wasn't on a stage in front of millions being examined under a microscope. 
    I was a freaking train wreck at his age.  Live and learn.  
    What gets me is he has never been short of words when winning......but who isn't?  Your character is defined by how you deal with and/or react to adversity.  Cam may get it one day - maybe not.....the verdict is still out.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    I've been a Bronco Fan since I was riding stick horses. And even though I'm not a C. Newton Fan I'd gladly welcome his talent to my Broncos. He can and does win games. 
    I hope P. Manning does what's best for him, his family and team. A SB Win is a nice feather in his cap for retirement now. I also think B. Osweiler (should he decide to make The Denver Broncos his home) will be a great fit and he'll make a great QB for this teams future.  
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014