Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Acronyms?

Options
Does anyone on the know of a list of acronyms that are most commonly used on the forum?  I'm trying to decipher FTC but so far can't figure it out.  Thanks you!
Auburn, Alabama

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Foil - Towel - Cooler

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • 69shovelhead
    Options
    Wrap in Foil then wrap in a Towel and place in a Cooler to rest.
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Dfoshee
    Dfoshee Posts: 191
    Options
    @flexfusion I'm trying to figure out the same thing. I will be watching this for answers
    Lbge. Maverick 733, ss top, 30" fire pit, gas grill, small charcoal grill, electric smoker, 65 qt yeti, 35 qt yeti.
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    LSIAFAH = insider forum lingo referring to an aspect of respected forum-elder statesman LittleSteven's colorful personality

GFYLS = a quick way to give LittleSteven directions to a rather specific destination

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    took me awhile to figure out people were talking about their wives. What one is that?
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • AVEngineer
    Options
    SWMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed. 
    Medium BGE , iGrill2
    Virginia Beach, VA
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    edited February 2016
    Options

^^^^ Interchangable with:

SWKBIP = She Who Keeps Balls In Purse

Ron has his own which I like a lot better

MBW = My Beautiful Wife

Phoenix 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    CI  - cast iron
    DO - dutch oven
    RO - Royal Oak
    RW - Rockwood
    IT - Internal Temp

Phoenix 
  • MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    blasting said:

Similar to

SWKBIP = She Who Keeps Balls In Purse

Ron has his own which I like a lot better

MBW = My Beautiful Wife

I love my wife. no way in hell would the balls be in her purse! I think....
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    BOHICA- bend over, here it comes again.
    DILLIGAF- Do I look like I give a fvck.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    edited February 2016
    Options
    CGS - Ceramic Grill Store
    ABT - Atomic Buffalo Turds
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • ckali7
    ckali7 Posts: 120
    Options
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Mpd's... Mexican Panty Droppers 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    ckali7 said:
    nm ?? 
    Never Mind 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • flexfusion
    Options
    Thanks guys for all the comments on my question.  I'm slowly getting educated on BGE lingo.  
    Auburn, Alabama
  • FlashkaBob
    Options
    FWIW - For what it's worth
    IMHO - In my humble opinion
    EVOO - Extra virgin olive oil

1 large BGE, 2 small BGE, 3 Plate setters, 1 large cast iron grid, 1 pizza stone, 1 Stoker II Wifi, 1 BBQ Guru Digi-Q II, 1 Amaze N pellet smoker and 1 empty wallet.      Seaforth, On. Ca.

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited February 2016
    Options
    JTTDWYLB
    Just Type The D@mn Words You Lazy B@stards.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    LMGTFY - Let me google that for you
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    ABC--anybody but Clinton !
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Little Steven
    Options
    AFTICA

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    F.V.C.K.Y.O.U.S.T.E.V.E.N

=friendly vivacious canadians know, you only use swears to entertain very elderly nudists
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Little Steven
    Options
    Thank you! Perhaps you could help me here. I can't find a hockey game on TV. Is there some other event going on?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    What's 'hockey'?

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    What's 'hockey'?
    My grandfather use to use "hockey" as a metaphor for dump or ****. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Fls.... F lit Steven 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN