Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

St Louis Ribs - How long at 275?

Options
I am going smoke a slab using a higher temp, normally I cook at 225-250.

How long should I expect to cook at 275? Slab is 3.3 lbs.

Plan is not to foil.

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Assuming you use the same test of doneness and pull when that is achieved it will save you 1-1.5 hours from your usual cook time.  Probably about 4 +/- .75 hours. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    At least 4 hours. I would prob start checking at 4.5 hours. I usually go 5 hrs rub only then 30 mins to 1 hour with sauce. Done when you pick them up and they bend 90 degrees
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    ...I would prob start checking at 4.5 hours. I usually go 5 hrs rub only then 30 mins to 1 hour with sauce. Done when you pick them up and they bend 90 degrees
    This is my experience.  I crank up the heat when I start to sauce to cook it on, so I'm done in about 30 minutes. 10 minutes per coat of sauce; two coats on the top and one coat on the bottom.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    5 hours with no foil at 275... If you do foil it's 2 hours unwrapped and 1.5-2 wrapped and they are perfect.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    About 100 mins if @ 350 B)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• loveTheEgg
    Options
    I cooked a slab last sat 325 for 1.5 hours. Turned out great!! Followed advice from the legend himself! SGH 
    Brandon, MS
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    At least 4 hours. I would prob start checking at 4.5 hours. I usually go 5 hrs rub only then 30 mins to 1 hour with sauce. Done when you pick them up and they bend 90 degrees
    This, I was thinking check at 5. Close enough. 
  • dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    Options
    Would 275 be grid or dome temp?
  • loveTheEgg
    Options
    Grid
    Brandon, MS