Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pineapple

Options
Has anyone ever cooked pineapple on the egg. I was thinking of pineapple wedges with a little  Chyanne pepper
Lbge. Maverick 733, ss top, 30" fire pit, gas grill, small charcoal grill, electric smoker, 65 qt yeti, 35 qt yeti.

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Here's one of my cooks that included grilled pineapple rings with Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head rub.
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1179084/small-egg-workout

It's good stuff, need to do that again soon.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Try a little in a pig shot.  The whole sweet-savory thing is righteous.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • BrookieP
    BrookieP Posts: 135
    Options
    Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head is really good. So is butter and brown sugar.
    XL BGE & 36" Blackstone
    Instagram: BGEBrooke
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    Dfoshee said:
    Has anyone ever cooked pineapple on the egg. I was thinking of pineapple wedges with a little  Chyanne pepper

That would probably be great.  Play around with it over time.  @DMW and @bgebrent also made great suggestions as both of those are great.

The most common way I cook it is in big chunks sprinkled with cinnamon and we eat it as a dessert.  Most of the time when I'm cooking on the egg, we eat so much meat that we are too full to really pack in a big dessert.  But a chunk of cinnamon pineapple really seems to hit the spot. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Options
    I love to do Pineapple rings with Braswell's Chipolata Cinnamon rub. DP Pineapple Head is great to. 

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options

A pork tenderloin or pork chop dusted heavily with Braswell's Cinnamon Chipotle Rub and Pineapple dusted with Braswell's Cinnamon Chipotle Rub is a great match. Grill direct at 350 to 425 to you preferred doneness!

Have done it at Eggfest and always get a lot of oh wow this is good comments. For some reason Braswell's doesn't have it on their website so you need to call them to get it or come to the Georgia Mountain Eggfest as they are there selling there products and we get a case every year. 912-764-6191 

BCCR.jpg 228.9K

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    hard to go wrong with grilled pineapple =)  this one was grilled pineapple drizzled with thai dipping sauce on fried green tomatos, i think the bottom sauce was greek yogurt, honey, thyme, and rooster sauce. lousy pic

DSC_0781jpg

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Simply sliced and seared on the grid is great w/out doing much of anything else. Lots of ways to dress it up though. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    Options
    Pineapple=Yummy stuff on the egg!
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
     Grilled pineapple with DP Pineapple Head and whipped cream........dessert of champions.
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
    grilled pineapple on coconut ice cream is heaven in a bowl!