Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What ever happened to thirdeye?

I frequent these forums now and again.  What happened to thirdeye?  Helped me out a ton once.  Just curious.

Thanks!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
[I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

Comments

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
    edited December 2015
    His tool site to buy his tools are still available. But I never see him on forums anymore.  He was an absolute wealth of information. I don't think his food blog is being updated anymore either.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • he's sometimes on the BGE subreddit

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    He changed his account to "ajna"
    Anyone know what happened to Vidalia?
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    edited December 2015
    Lit said:
    Many of the familiar faces on Greeneggers go through chat rooms on Facebook to post. (Not exactly sure how it works as I don't have Facebook) I was drinking with another main greenegger this summer and he mentioned how everyone posts through Facebook now
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    Thanks for the info.  Just not sure why he dropped off all of a sudden.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited December 2015
    WeberWho? said:
    Lit said:
    Many of the familiar faces on Greeneggers go through chat rooms on Facebook to post. (Not exactly sure how it works as I don't have Facebook) I was drinking with another main greenegger this summer and he mentioned how everyone posts through Facebook now
    Yes, Kim is active on the FB "Big Green Egg BBQers" group.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DMW said:
    WeberWho? said:
    Lit said:
    are you active there?

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    DMW said:
    WeberWho? said:
    Lit said:
    are you active there?

Most of the old guys are very active on the FB group. I just got tired of FB and dropped it. Now you will find some posting on the old forum http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php
    just not a lot. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Thirdeye occasionally posts on the BBQ-Brethern forum.
    Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    DMW said:
    WeberWho? said:
    Lit said:
    are you active there?

I lurk and post occasionally. It doesn't have the personality of this forum. 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Eggucator
    Eggucator Posts: 226
    Maybe he is living a Semi-Charmed Life now...
    well played!
    LBGE
    Zionsville, IN