Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Any fans of Tourtiere?

Options

Being raised a French Canadian, I grew up with my Dad making Tourtiere every Christmas. He never made it any other time than at Christmas.

Im making 36 of them today, as I do every year, with him in mind. This is a special time as this and Easter were his favorite times of the year, but especially Christmas. It provides me with great memories of him in the kitchen. I honor him every year with his recipe.

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    edited December 2015
    Options
    love them, have them every family get together as far back as i can remember. we always have a gravy boat with ketchup and a ladle on the side =)  my portuguese side moved down from PEI.  we lost the family recipe to Alzheimers as my nana always made the pies, stikes family used to make them and i adapted his to make it similar to hers, its pretty close. this is for one pie, more pies and the clove type ingredients need to be dropped way back for some reason. the pie always makes for good memories at the gatherings

100_1701jpg

100_1700jpg

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Eat them every Christmas Eve at my in-laws!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Same here. Along with corton. 
    Wife makes it. Also French Canadian.
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]