Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RTIC 30oz tumbler

Options

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,189
    Options
    SGH said:
     dodge gets me to work 
    You do know the definition of Dodge? To avoid or circumvent. I heed this warning and buy Chevys ;)
    @SGHSurprised that you'd be in favor of a company that had to take a huge bailout that cost taxpayers $11,200,000,000. That doesn't seem to be your M.O. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @SGHSurprised that you'd be in favor of a company that had to take a huge bailout that cost taxpayers $11,200,000,000. That doesn't seem to be your M.O. 
    At the end of the day, I don't agree with any of what the Big 3 has done. Contrary to popular belief, Ford as taken as much government money as anyone. Probably more if the truth were to be told. Chrysler/Dodge has depended on hand outs since their inception. They are all overpriced for what you get. The automakers seem to suffer from Yeti syndrome. Charge you more for less. I'm actually surprised that Yeti hasn't tried suing the Big 3 yet. After all we know that Yeti invented and was the first at everything. Your hands are kind of tied when it comes to vehicles. They are all crooks peddling high priced junk. But of the 3, I have had better luck with the Chevys so I have stuck with them. Do a little research for yourself my friend. I assure you that Ford is not so innocent when it comes to taking hand outs. Like Yeti, they have a great PR team to blind people who do not wish to see the truth. Have you ever heard the saying: "Baffle and blind them with bull$hit"? Yeti and Ford are masters at this very thing. It's just smoke and mirrors my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Options
    clweed said:
    Whats funny is Two Brothers started YETI and sold it to a Private Equity Firm and Two Brothers own RTIC
    Really?  That's interesting.  What's your source?
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    odie91 said:
    clweed said:
    Whats funny is Two Brothers started YETI and sold it to a Private Equity Firm and Two Brothers own RTIC
    Yes, it's the same two brothers.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,189
    Options
    @SGH I never claimed to be a Ford fan.  I'm a Toyota man when it comes to trucks. 2006 with 222k on mine and it runs like a sewing machine. Changed brake pads twice, changed transmission fluid once, and put a drive shaft in about 10k miles ago. Other than oil changes and tires, that it. Hands down, best vehicle I've owned. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @SGH I never claimed to be a Ford fan.  I'm a Toyota man when it comes to trucks. 2006 with 222k on mine and it runs like a sewing machine. Changed brake pads twice, changed transmission fluid once, and put a drive shaft in about 10k miles ago. Other than oil changes and tires, that it. Hands down, best vehicle I've owned. 
    I have a 04 Toyota with 210,000 miles on it that has been stellar. However it's a small truck and can't really be used as a truck should be. I have a 07 Chevy as well. 297,000+ miles and never have done anything except change the oil, tires, one battery, rubber wiper blades and gas. It has the all the original belts and hoses on it. Never have had to charge the AC. I got real lucky with this one. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• clweed
    clweed Posts: 70
    Options
    odie91 said:
    clweed said:
    http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/blog/abje_news/2012/06/austins-yeti-coolers-bought-by-cortec.html

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    As I see the 2 different tumblers differ in size....  Has anyone confirmed either one holds 30 ounces?
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    Are you telling me these two guys sold to PI... And started another company which they will likey do the same thing...

i I can't wait till they start their next company .. Third of the price and holds the ice! Kee the discount coming!!
  • loveTheEgg
    Options
    LOL! Now that's funny!  =)
    Brandon, MS
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    slovelad said:
    Are you telling me these two guys sold to PI... And started another company which they will likey do the same thing...

i I can't wait till they start their next company .. Third of the price and holds the ice! Kee the discount coming!!
    They would have had a non compete clause I'm not buying this.
  • DMW
    Options
    Lit said:
    slovelad said:

What's the term of a typical non-compete? Been three years since they sold. As someone else here would say "Make one ponder..."

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Agree 3-5 yrs on non-competed 
  • slovelad
    Options
    From my law school experience, a non compete is generally short term, however, with most law, it all depends. Because there is no statutory limits, most case law indicates that 5 years is he max.

however, courts generally disfavor non-compete agreements. Why? Because they want to encourage business competition, because it usually makes for a better product and price, thereby stimulating the economy.

that being said, consider this: jimmy johns makes their sandwich makers sign non competes... Is it going to hold up? Not likely... But it makes them few all warm and fuzzy
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    The rtics arrived...  It's a gift for my asst at work.  Looks great, lid interchanges just fine with the 30oz yeti. (RTIC cap does not hv RTIC on the lid btw). I'm very pleased with the value.   At this price I want to get more for US..  Heck the $$ isn't too far from the big Tervis's and we have several of the small Tervis tumblers. Maybe after we survive Christmas gift buying. Lol.  
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    my rtic 45 has left houston this morning, hopefully the filled it with ice and beer =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    DMW said:
    Lit said:
    slovelad said:

What's the term of a typical non-compete? Been three years since they sold. As someone else here would say "Make one ponder..."

Typically a year, but there are longer.
    Options
    my rtic 45 has left houston this morning, hopefully the filled it with ice and beer =)

what color?

• Lit
    Options
    DMW said:
    Lit said:
    slovelad said:

I really think it depends on what it is. I know a GC we worked with sold his business and he had a 3 yr non compete before he could get back into the same thing. 
  • DMW
    Options
    Lit said:
    DMW said:
    Lit said:
    slovelad said:

I really think it depends on what it is. I know a GC we worked with sold his business and he had a 3 yr non compete before he could get back into the same thing. 
    Hmm, 2012 was 3 years ago...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• Lit
    Options
    DMW said:
    Lit said:
    DMW said:
    Lit said:
    slovelad said:

Hmm, 2012 was 3 years ago...
    If they were the guys that started Yeti I am pretty sure it would be at the very top of RTIC.com in flashing letters. 
  • DMW
    Options
    OK, I did a little googling, looks like you're right @Lit not the same brothers.

John & Jim Jacobsen 
    Founders
    RTIC Coolers

Roy and Ryan Seiders, cofounders of YETI Coolers

Still weird that both companies were started by brothers.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• scmoose
    scmoose Posts: 164
    Options
    Here is mine.  I'm just not having much luck ordering from these guys.
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    scmoose said:
    Here is mine.  I'm just not having much luck ordering from these guys.

Kind of looks like it has been personalized for you by Yeti!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • scmoose
    scmoose Posts: 164
    Options
    wonder if I can exchange it for at least one of my coolers paid for in August.
  • slovelad
    Options
    Hope that's no indication of the quality ...
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    Do a web chat.  My assistant got a replacement lid shipped just cause there was no rtic on top like the yetis!   They said the first ones had no logo for expediting shipment.  Now they have em!!!
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • slovelad
    Options
    swordsmn said:
    Do a web chat.  My assistant got a replacement lid shipped just cause there was no rtic on top like the yetis!   They said the first ones had no logo for expediting shipment.  Now they have em!!!
    Nice!! I was kinda disappointed about that! Thanks for letting us know!!
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    Ordered 3 on the 4th of December, were due to be delivered by 4 Jan 16, got my shipment email today, glad because if they missed my projected delivery date at all on the cups I was going to cancel both the cups and the cooler that has slipped almost 2 months since I first ordered back in early October.
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    Options
    Ordered a Rtic 20 and 45 in white on 8/22 and they both showed up today. Checked the online status the day before getting shipping notification and it still said expected ship date of 1/4/16, so there is hope for folks still waiting on their orders.