Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Home ground burgers on homemade Brioche

Options
Thatgrimguy
Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,731
edited December 2015 in EggHead Forum
I baked a mess of the Artisan bread in 5 Brioche tonight. Used a pyrex for the 4 rolls, loaf pans for the 2 loaves and a stone for the 2 smaller rolls. (this part was done inside)

Next my wife grabbed a chuckie and supposedly a ribeye to grind up for burgers.. But this was no ribeye... (Edit after comments:  ok so it IS a ribeye, just not one I'd have chosen)

So I went ahead and ground up the chuck and rewrapped the not ribeye.

OMG these are so good loosely packed, and not salted till just before hitting the 550 degree egg.

The bread was heavy for the burger. I'll keep trying other doughs to find my perfect bun. But so much better than anything store bought!
XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum

Comments