Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT freezing weather!

Options
The forecasters are calling for the first freezing temps tonight in this part of texas this year. Everybody's going to be freaking out putting away plants and buying water spigot covers. That and all the chili and crackers will be sold out.I was wanting to go to the store to get some stuff to cook tonight.  but I really don't feel like putting up with people acting out the apocalypse. #wewillrebuild

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
Greenville Tx

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Operation Brisket Chili!  I need to do another brisket soon to buildup my cubed point chili stock. I've got about 2.25# right now. 
    Now we just need Chili/Chilly weather :wink: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    2nd morning with frost, it is the end of the world as we know it, the hydrangia and geranium blooms do not look happy at all. The brine truck has just gone down the street - black ice that develops in front of my place used to be a never ending source of entertainment catching the texters while driving crowd off guard.
    Chilli is on the menu for today and it will have beans! 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Expecting a foot of snow here.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    We're expecting crunchy grass! Oh the horror! I'm not sure what I'm going to cook.  nothing really sounds good. maybe just drive to Dallas for sushi or Thai. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    90 degrees here in Los Angeles today, just might go for a swim later ...
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    We're under a Winter Weather Warning here.  Expecting about 8".
    Flint, Michigan
  • dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options
    About 4 inches of snow here in Waunakee, Wisconsin.  Thank goodness my sun porch is all done with the exhaust fan installed.  No more snow on my eggs, no scooping the deck to get to my eggs, no 30 MPH winds blowing at 20 below zero while egging.  This is going to be one great winter of egging!!!

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    @dlk7 congratulations that's gonna be nice. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Eggaroo
    Eggaroo Posts: 417
    Options
    First snow I've seen this year so far; coming down hard right now! Not much sticking yet but it's only going to get worse.
    Greenwood, IN | XL BGE | Weber Genesis | Blackstone 28 | bunch of accessories  =)
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Weather man said 3" here .... I had to convince the wife we really got 12".
    I see what you did there  ;)
  • bob.bud
    bob.bud Posts: 297
    Options
    Smokeware cap and upper dome covered in snow at the moment here in MI.

Bloomfield Hills, MI | LGBE : AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid : Kick Ash Basket : Smokeware Cap : Smobot Beta