Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket stuffed turkey

Options
I just saw a post and pics on Facebook of a brisket stuffed turkey. Has anyone done that before? If so how did it turn out? What temp and how long did you cook it? I usually do a boudin stuffed Cajun turkey but I want to switch it up since I have done the boudin turkey the past 5 years. I would love tips or ideas about the brisket stuffed turkey, it looked amazing 

Comments

• bge123
    bge123 Posts: 15
    Options
    I can't help you with the brisket stuffed turkey but tell us more about the boudin stuffed turkey.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    I just had my first taste of real boudin in October. I'd kill myself on boudin stuffed turkey. 
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    bge123 said:
    I can't help you with the brisket stuffed turkey but tell us more about the boudin stuffed turkey.
    Please! Now that's somethinh to talk about.

would you mind starting a new thread with the recipe? Or putting the recipe here? And pics if any?

you had my attention within the title.. But now you have my interest
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Ate a lot of boudin when I lived in Lafayette. Loved it. 

South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    b0younce said:
     I usually do a boudin stuffed Cajun turkey 
    Funny that you mention boudin stuffed turkey. Fixing to do that very thing myself. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• slovelad
    Options
    SGH said:
    b0younce said:
     I usually do a boudin stuffed Cajun turkey 
    Funny that you mention boudin stuffed turkey. Fixing to do that very thing myself. 

Care to share the recipe? Or some pics of joe it turns out?
  • SGH
    Options
    slovelad said:
    Question for clarity, are you asking how to stuff a turkey with boudin or are you asking how to make homemade boudin? Either way I will gladly offer what I can my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• slovelad
    Options
    SGH said:
    slovelad said:
    Question for clarity, are you asking how to stuff a turkey with boudin or are you asking how to make homemade boudin? Either way I will gladly offer what I can my friend. 
    Both would be great . Curious how much you stuff, and how it affects he cook time.

also, if you could share how to make the homemade boudin, that would be great. ( I grew up with some neighbors who were from louisana, they introduced me to boudin at a young age, but it's tough to find it in south Florida)
  • SmokingPiney
    Options
    OP asks for brisket, we derail with boudin...................
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • SGH
    Options
    OP asks for brisket, we derail with boudin...................
    You are correct, and my apologies. 

@slovelad
    I will pm you how to stuff the turkey. 

@b0younce My apologies for hijacking my friend. I will move along. 

Status- Standing by.

• b0younce
    Options
    I am looking for photos now. I just got the new Iphone so a lot of my pics are gone. I have done the boudin stuffed turkey for 5 years and it is AMAZING!!! It is pretty expensive to have the boudin shipped to Michigan every yeat but worth it. My inlaws used to live in Lake Charles, LA and when we visited them for Thanksgiving I tried it and everyone was hooked. I will keep looking for photos. Sorry, I am a bad poster/ pic guy. I need to get better. I promise I will post the brisket stuffed turkey I do for Thanksgiving.
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    TurBriskAge:

Turkey stuffed with brisket with a sausage center.  

Maybe wrapped in a bacon weave?  

Have a nice big helping OR have someone punch you directly in the heart for the same effect.   =)  
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • b0younce
    Options
    The pic I saw was chopped brisket stuffed under the skin and in the cavity. It wasn't like a turducken or turbrisket. It wasn't wrapped. Just beautiful chopped brisket inside skin and cavity.