Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mikeyt Temp rings

Options
Gold Wing
Gold Wing Posts: 9
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have a picture of MikeyT's temp rings?[p]Thanks!

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    IMG_0161.jpg
    <p />Goldwing,
    here you go...

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RRP,[p]What are these things used for again? Obviously something temp related... but I don't quite understand what.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    IMG_0743.jpg
    <p />SirKeats@gmail.com,
    You merely place a ring of choice on the top of your dome and that restricts the outflow thus controlling your temp. The rings are not rocket science, but by keeping a record of their use and the vent opening I can fairly accurately nail a particular temp time after time. [p]The Wave pictured here was another MickeyT product which acts as just one unit. It hace a collar underneath so you don't have to remove the ring when you open the dome. BTW I modified mine, by drilling out the first hole which in and by itself gives me a constant 250 + or - 10.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    Options
    Yes - great product but they are really designed to fit the large egg. You can place the rings over any size from Large to Mini but they work best (for me) with the large.[p]I think MickeyT is only selling the Wave and the Wave Low-n-slo these days. (One ring each)[p]I have all the variations but only use a modified Wave which has a 1 7/8" opening as I recall.[p]Toy Man[p]

• Goldwing
    Goldwing Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks to everyone. Now I know what they look like and see how they work.