Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I may have forgotten how to Egg

Options
Have ya missed me?  
After about 2 months w/out a meal off of the Egg, I'm going to fire it up this weekend and cannot wait.  
Long story but having to help my dad move involved a ton of his outdoor furniture to sit on my back patio for the past 2 months blocking access to my Egg.  Between the moving fiasco and grad school and real work, I've maybe had three home-cooked meals in the past few months.  

I'm so excited to Egg but cannot decide what to cook!  I want to do a chicken, some steaks, some wings, some ABTs....  I guess I have all weekend and it is GORGEOUS outside so I may do it ALL!! 

What is everyone else Egging this weekend?  

meredith
Eat, drink and be merry

Huntsville, AL ~ LBGE noob

Comments

• KSwoll
    KSwoll Posts: 129
    Options
    I am probably going to grill up some steaks, chicken wings, and I am pretty sure some spare ribs will be joining the party too. lol
    XL, Large, Medium, and Mini Max
    Northern Virgina
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    egrets ham, scalloped cheesy potatoes with smoked ham, steak with green lightning shrimp
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SPRIGS
    SPRIGS Posts: 482
    Options
    Boneless shortribs tomorrow morning.  Should be done by game time.  Pizza for supper.
    XL BGE
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    I totally understand, I have been a hard time finding time to egg lately.  I hope to cook steaks tonight myself.  I also have a big cook coming next weekend.  My do lasagna tomorrow for the first time.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    @Chicklet - welcome back...and "Egging is like riding a bicycle..." . Sounds like a great weekend line-up.  Enjoy the cooks and eats.
    I've got some St Louis spares and lamb chops on the agenda for Sunday. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    We were wondering where you were. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Welcome back.  Keep the egg hot all weekend and cook everything you mentioned!
    I'm going to be making pepper stout pulled beef for sammiches.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options

I made Spatch this week after being out of town for 5 nights. SWMBO said "we need to switch things up. I'm getting tired of chicken....barbequed". 

Note the "we". "We" haven't turned on the oven for nothing but Christmas Cookies - last December. 

AHHHHHHHHH
    New Albany, Ohio 

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Great to see you back! When I saw your post I thought and remember I haven't noticed you around.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Glad to see you back.  Have you opened your egg?  You may want to allow time for a clean burn in case it is moldy. 

I won't have much time for cooking this weekend but if time permits I might make some chicken lollipops again. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I'm on a personal mission to track down a tri-tip or two for this weekend......time and weather permitting.  

Welcome back!!!  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Chicklet
    Chicklet Posts: 205
    Options
    Awwww!  So nice to be missed.  It would take four pages of rant to tell the whole story.  Suffice it to say, I definitely deserve this weekend OFF.  
    I'm so ready for some great food, drink and SEC football!  The man brought home some 1.5" thick rib eyes from the farm I'm sure will be on the menu tomorrow night.  

@SmokeyPitt those pops look fantastic!  
    Eat, drink and be merry

Huntsville, AL ~ LBGE noob
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Hope it's like rideing a bike for ya!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Glad to see ya back. Sounds like you've been busy busy. Enjoy your egging solitude. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Welcome back... EGG ON!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Welcome back, don't forget about pics.  Hit Costco and Restaurant Depot today.  Cajun stuff pork loin, ribeyes and pulled pork this weekend
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA