Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RTIC Coolers...They are Shipping...Just Got Mine

Options

Comments

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited October 2015
    Options
    scmoose said:
    Still havnt heard of anyone either reicieving one or getting a shipping email.  Im imatiently waiting for mine. 
    Did you not read this thread? This, right here, is someone who recieved one.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • scmoose
    scmoose Posts: 164
    Options
    Yeah my earlier post would indicate that I have read the thread.  One person here, and one cop on facebook, who else?  Im rooting for Rtic, trust me, Ive got two that I paid for.   
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    The original pre order email stated this. This is the email you clicked in order to preorder...  People need to read and be realistic. The fact that anyone has a cooler yet is impressive. 

In evaluating our production capacity with demand, we have updated our delivery schedule as follows:

- If your reservation was made in July you can expect to receive your cooler by October 31, 2015;

- If your reservation was made in August you can expect to receive your cooler by November 30, 2015.

Due to the tremendous demand we are only offering tan and white at this time.  

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • scmoose
    Options
    No need to get buthurt.  I asked a simple question, has anyone besides the guy on this forum, and the cop on the facebook page recieved a cooler or an email, other than the generic email, regarding thier cooler shipping.  I havnt seen one in all of the outdoor forums Im a part of watching these coolers.  Im sure they are out there.  Rtic did not respond to my question on the facebook page asking how many coolers shipped the first go round.  It seems they would have that info available. 
  • SoMdEggHead
    Options
    How are they not being sued for knocking off Yeti Coolers? 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    They already did get sued by Yeti
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Actually Yeti did sue them. That was part of the reason for the shipping delay. But remember, thus far Yeti has filed some kind of suit against every manufacturer of rotomolded coolers out there. Grizzly is now Bison coolers due to Yeti suing them. The upshot is, due to Yeti acting like a cry baby, several manufactures are now gunning for them with better built coolers at a lower price. RTIC being one of them. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    @Photo Egg Have you used/tested it yet?  How are you liking it so far?
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• scmoose
    Options
    I called today.  I paid for my two coolers on 8-18-15, and they finaly game me an "anticipated" and anticipated was emphasised, shipping date of 11-19-15. 
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    You mean how has Yeti and all the other companies not been sued by Pelican.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• drano
    drano Posts: 39
    Options
    scmoose said:
    I called today.  I paid for my two coolers on 8-18-15, and they finaly game me an "anticipated" and anticipated was emphasised, shipping date of 11-19-15. 
    Just curious, did you pre-order or was 8-18 the day of first contact? 
  • Dave in Florida
    Options
    Just ordered all 3 sizes..now the wait begins.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Just ordered all 3 sizes..now the wait begins.
    All I can tell you is that the fit and finish on mine is excellent. 
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • YouEnjoyMyEgg
    Options
    What's the deal with these coolers?  A forum member is the founder?
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    A forum member was the "finder".  They look to be everything a yeti is but at 1/2 cost.  The initial production is just arriving and us eary adopters are hot to trot to receive them.
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    What's the deal with these coolers?  A forum member is the founder?
    As far as I know the owners are not Eggers or members of this forum.
    I found out about the coolers from another post on this forum. Ordered one as well as visited the office in Houston. It's close to my office in the Med Center. I met the owners and they seemed like nice people. 
    I have no connection to the company. They produced a great cooler in my opinion. There were some production delays and some buyers are upset. I get their frustration. But to me it was worth the wait for the price and quality. Choice is yours to make.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Pelican coolers are constructed differentry 
    Not the original rotomold cooler. Pelican had the first one marketed to the medical organ transplant field. Yeti copied it for the mass market.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• scmoose
    Options
    drano said:
    scmoose said:

I pre ordered in July, got the email in August wanting money, so I paid for both the coolers that I pre ordered.  At least I have a date now.  What threw me off was the big Facebook announcement that they are now shipping coolers, when it appears that only two people have received them, both from the Houston area.  Its all good, I have a date now. 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I'm in the market, and was getting ready to get a YETI 45.  I'm in no hurry, so if these start shipping and are available, might just go this route.  Waiting to see if these are delayed more and what the story is.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• AaronH
    AaronH Posts: 145
    Options

SGH said:
    Actually Yeti did sue them. That was part of the reason for the shipping delay. But remember, thus far Yeti has filed some kind of suit against every manufacturer of rotomolded coolers out there. Grizzly is now Bison coolers due to Yeti suing them. The upshot is, due to Yeti acting like a cry baby, several manufactures are now gunning for them with better built coolers at a lower price. RTIC being one of them. 
    Actually, Grizzly is still Grizzly and Brute Box, is now Bison Coolers. . . .
    XLBGE /MiniBGE / Maverick 733 x 2/ Woo2 / CGS 17.5 Stone

North Carolina land
  • AaronH
    Options
    OP, BTW, 

nice cooler and spyderco! 

North Carolina land
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I have that same Spyderco knife.  I love it. 
    Options
    I have that same Spyderco knife.  I love it. 
    Paramilitary 2 is what I thought it was? I have a couple PM2's , is that it? 

North Carolina land
  • AaronH
    Options

Toxarch said:
    Pelican coolers are constructed differentry 
    Not the original rotomold cooler. Pelican had the first one marketed to the medical organ transplant field. Yeti copied it for the mass market.
    Didn't Engle have the first Roto cooler??

North Carolina land
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    Got my coolers in too

North Carolina land
  • scmoose
    Options
    AaronH said:
    Got my coolers in too

Bwahahahaha
  • drano
    drano Posts: 39
    Options
    scmoose said:
    drano said:
    scmoose said:

I pre ordered in July, got the email in August wanting money, so I paid for both the coolers that I pre ordered.  At least I have a date now.  What threw me off was the big Facebook announcement that they are now shipping coolers, when it appears that only two people have received them, both from the Houston area.  Its all good, I have a date now. 
    Okay. I am in the same boat then. was hoping that i would get it much sooner than November. thanks.
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options

Thanks to this forum, I discovered the RTIC cooler, as I was wanting  a YETI really bad for some time.  Alas, we eggers are used to waiting (XXL and MiniMax sagas of the past few years).  I ordered an RTIC  65 today in the tan color.  I like their website and how they explain why their coolers cost half as much as the other brands.  Since these are 50% less than YETI coolers, the decision was pretty easy.  I was emailed an anticipated delivery time window of 75-90 days out, and that's fine.  I've gone this long without a YETI and if I have to wait another three months or so for a cooler, it's worth it to me for the price break.  Last year though, the MiniMax could have been priced at $1,000 and I still would have bought one.  It was personal...

I am really looking forward to delivery and I'll report back here when it arrives.