Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Public Apology--NorthGacock

Options
I wanted to tell you all that NorthGacock is a stand up guy and deserves a round of applause. We got into a discussion-not heated, about mustard based BBQ sauce. Now I like mustard, all kinds. He is from S.C. where mustard sauce is the norm, where as I am from the land of deep snow, neighbors who don't say hello, and trout fishing-Maine.  I have tried making mustard based sauce, but I never found it appealing. He assured me that I didn't know what I was missing and so he said he would send some my way. I told him I would send him a jar of my favorite mustard which is stone ground, made in the state of Maine, and incredible. I love it so much I buy it by the gallon. Well sure enough I got my mustard sauce in the mail in a couple of days. I on the other hand left town and did not get time to mail it. I have no excuses. I was out of town at the time for work, and other than trading out laundry in my bag I haven't been home much. This is not an excuse, and normally I do not take this long or leave people hanging. You deserve better than this Robin, sorry I fell down on the job.

However this weekend I got to try that mustard sauce and I have to say i was converted. I too understand what it is they are talking about. I made a pulled pork sandwich and also some pulled chicken and it was great. I would never have thought I would like a sweet mustard on BBQ, but it worked like a charm. A big thank you sir. Your mustard is in the mail. I hope you like it. 
Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.

Comments