Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE outside Sale's Survey

Colonel Pork Butt
Colonel Pork Butt Posts: 59
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK just for fun how many EGG sales does everyone have to their credit? As of last weekend I'm up to 7. Think BGE should get an incentive program going? Reward points!!![p]Naturally it sells itself but always a good time pushing someone over the edge![p]Cheers,
Greg

Comments

• GenesGrill
    GenesGrill Posts: 308
    Colonel Pork Butt,
    Good idea...I had thought the same. Maybe BGE could give owners some sort of "coupon" that has your name on it which when the new buyer purches an egg, the new buyer gets a discount or something and the egg owner that referred him gets free "goodies" such as charcoal, tools, etc....

• Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Colonel Pork Butt,[p]I'm closer to 30 than I am to 20.
    Apollo Beach, FL
  • Saucy Sue
    Saucy Sue Posts: 79
    Colonel Pork Butt, Personally, I have a friend who became interested in my egg, and purchased 5 Large for his employees. The following year, he was fascinated by my BBq Guru. Guess what!! 5 BBQ gurus the following year. ( whant to work for him!!) My brother Carl also bought a large egg last year. So I am up to 6 other people and growing. I think a mini for someone who has sold 10 would be a great incentive!! However the egg kind of sells itself. Sue

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Colonel Pork Butt,
    How do we divvy up all the eggs sold at all the eggfests over the years?
    Actually this reminds of trying to count beers, no matter how many you think that you drank the number is usually greater.[p]Do we include the extra eggs that we have purchased minus one?[p]Come to think of it, Stumpbaby probably has the correct way of counting. Maybe he can come along and let us know the proper counting rules.
    RhumAndJerk

• Dos Huevos
    Dos Huevos Posts: 368
    Colonel Pork Butt,[p]I'm up to 18 that I've sold and helped install and assemble. And that doesn't count folks I've pimped that thing to that went out and bought and assembled their own or got one at eggfest. [p]I'm wondering if'n I should get a 3rd large at this eggfest just for fun...
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Colonel Pork Butt,
    I've probably sold about 6 or so directly. Who knows indirectly? 1000's? :-)[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • JM3
    JM3 Posts: 272
    Colonel Pork Butt,[p]I'm currently at 3 but I'm working on some new neighbors down here in Tampa and my be adding a few more soon.[p]John
  • BrianP
    BrianP Posts: 147
    Colonel Pork Butt,
    I'm a newbie so my count is low. So far 1 neighbor. Also, one other friend who just had a baby and is moving into a new house. They'll have to wait a bit before plunking down the money for a large. I hopt to get them to Atlanta's Eggfest in October to see all you can do with the egg. I have also re-energized two other neighbors who bought eggs years ago and stopped using them. They tell me they're going to dig them out and start using them again.[p]Brian

• Poppasam
    Poppasam Posts: 440
    Colonel Pork Butt, Can't keep count. Feel sure we helped sell three Saturday night. I think most every contest we do means a few sales. Have picked one up for someone at Eggtoberfest the last two years. Starting with our five, don't keep count, just enjoy helping folks become owners of a great smoker,cooker, grill, oven, amd so on. Enjoy hearing them say a few months later that it's as great as you said it was.[p]Good Eggin to All,
    Poppasam

• Colonel Pork Butt,
    At least 3 ... maybe 5.

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Colonel Pork Butt,
    I gotta be somewhere around 7 maybe 8, thats not counting the 5 we own.....It`s all good baby..[p]Wess

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    The Naked Whiz,
    listen to you... no one even visits that page.... most of your hits are from guys like me surfing for pictures of naked chic... i mean. i would IMAGINE that's what they are surfing for.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    stike,
    I don't care why them come if they click on the Google Ads, LOL!! Man, that $1.37 everyday adds up. Why heck, every other month, they actually send me a check! :-)[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • GrillGurl
    GrillGurl Posts: 53
    Colonel Pork Butt,[p]Hey, we just got our very first egg Saturday & I'm sure we've already sold a couple of them. We were sold on it by a friend of ours, who was sold on it by a friend of his, etc., etc. I think you guys have a great idea here, with the minis, discounts, etc!!!![p]GrillGurl
  • Sigmore
    Sigmore Posts: 621
    Colonel Pork Butt, I think Al Gore actually started the Eggmania right after his launching of the internet.

• Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Colonel Pork Butt,
    I think it's been 1 or 2.

• Jake
    Jake Posts: 92
    Colonel Pork Butt,
    I have sold eight and six to myself.

• ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    Colonel Pork Butt,
    I'm up to two

• Jopa
    Jopa Posts: 155
    Colonel Pork Butt,
    Ive sold three and and purchased two for myself

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    Colonel Pork Butt,
    18 here..........

• Poppasam
    Bobby-Q, Who do you think will believe that?

• Poppasam
    Colonel Pork Butt,Think I can add another. With the heip of Green Egg Dan located a dealer in Jacksonville Fl. for someone on that area that is ready to become an EGGHEAD. Also just throwing this in you are seeing more and more EGGS at BBQ contests.
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Colonel Pork Butt, I have non, they just keep eating from mine.

• EddieMac
    EddieMac Posts: 423
    I just added my second....picked it up off e-bay.....between 8 - 10 years old...with side hinges....Don't think it was used more than two, maybe three times...Gasket still whiteish-gray and fire a light gray....My local dealer put on a new hinge / handle and side tables and we're good to go....[p]And the wonderful thing is Mrs. Mac actually ENCOURAGED me to get the second egg!!...Now...THAT is a BEAUTIFUL thing![p]Ed McLean...eddiemac
    Ft. Pierce, FL

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Colonel Pork Butt,[p]Hmmm. In the past 4 years with eggfests here and there, it's over 70. When I see folks looking at the big stainless at Costco or Sam's, I come up and tell them to check out the BGE. Wearing a BGE Apron while serving my pulled pork at fundraisers causes all sorts of interest and again, I send them to my local dealer.[p]I don't count em any more, but it's great to know when friends and family have eggs and others come to you for advice on what and where to buy.[p]Cheers,[p]GM

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • usa doug
    usa doug Posts: 96
    Colonel Pork Butt,
    I introduced a prospective new dealer for South Alabama to BGE last week.[p]Doug

• tach18k,
    I know it just breaks your heart to fire it up every time![p]EGGING it's an addiction and a Cult![p]Great fun Everyone!

• BGEBrian
    BGEBrian Posts: 24
    When My sister in Seattle gets one, I will be up to seven. My sales goes from Seattle (soon to be 2 BGEs), to Holland, Michigan, to Pickens, SC.

Whereever I travel for work or play, I plug the BGE.