Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How many bags of lump in your stash!

Options
Go! 
XLBGE /MiniBGE / Maverick 733 x 2/ Woo2 / CGS 17.5 Stone

North Carolina land

Comments

• Jaime
    Jaime Posts: 87
    Options
    3-4 20lbs of Royal Oak.  Not impressive but that's @swordsmn and my stash
  • AaronH
    AaronH Posts: 145
    Options
    6-20lb bags of Rockwood. 

North Carolina land
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Since I have 8.8 pounders, 10 pounders, 17.6 pounders and 20 pounders then a bag count get confusing, but in total I'm sitting at about 600 pound. That's Ozark Oak, Rockwood, Royal Oak and one 20 bag of Chicago Charcoal which is a collector piece as they went out of business 15 years ago. Reason I still have it? Antique Road Show might come to town...naw, its on the bottom of a stack that's hard to get to.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • AaronH
    Options
    Send me some Ozark Ron!  Haha 

North Carolina land
  • Jupiter Jim
    Options
    I have 3 bags of Royal Oak small bags and the local Wally World and Tractor Supply are out of it because grilling season is over here in the NC Mountains!!!!! I will have to get some Cowboy at Lowe's soon.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Down to 2 bags of Rockwood. Out to resupply this weekend.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • AaronH
    Options
    Grilling season is over for them because they don't have an egg!  

North Carolina land
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    Currently about 1/2 bag of RO and 1/4 bag of Rockwood.  Fresh bag of Rockwood coming on Saturday.  I like to let Home Depot and ACE store it for me.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• BIll-W221
    Options
    As of the pizza I just cooked I am down to less than half a bag of Jake's Blend. I'll go grab a couple bags at lunch tomorrow.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    I think I have one bag of RO left. Guess it's time to hit Home Depot before they stop selling it for the season. Better hurry.

Never mind. I just looked and they have 83 bags left in stock in my store! And 300 bags at other stores within 15 miles or so. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    1/4 bag of BGE left.  I despise wally world but will give RO a try as BGE, which I used to be able to get for $20, went up to over $30.  I've tried Cowboy, cheep but it's not for me.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Carolina Q
    Options
    Botch said:
    1/4 bag of BGE left.  I despise wally world but will give RO a try as BGE, which I used to be able to get for $20, went up to over $30.  I've tried Cowboy, cheep but it's not for me.  
    Try Home Depot for RO. $12ish for 18 lbs. $30 is ridiculous! My walmart doesn't seem to carry RO any more.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    I'm nervous.  Only 300lbs of RW and 40lbs of KBB.

10lbs oak, 10lbs of orange, 10lbs of pecan, 5lbs hickory, 100lbs of cherry.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    9 bags of RockWood......and dwendling. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    I'm nervous.  Only 300lbs of RW and 40lbs of KBB.

10lbs oak, 10lbs of orange, 10lbs of pecan, 5lbs hickory, 100lbs of cherry.
    Relax! You know the garage door code where your dad's stash is stored. Might as well take a few nips out of this liquor stash too while you're there!  =)
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Botch
    Options
    Botch said:
    Try Home Depot for RO. $12ish for 18 lbs. $30 is ridiculous! My walmart doesn't seem to carry RO any more.
    Must be regional differences.  HD here only carries Cowboy, ww only carries RO.  The $30 was for BGE brand, which used to be $19+tax here (and I like that lump).

• lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381
    Options
    About 5 pounds give or take a pound...no need to build a stash Daane Ace Hardware is just down the street and they have Grove in stock year round.
  • Carolina Q
    Options
    Botch said:
    Botch said:
    Must be regional differences.  HD here only carries Cowboy, ww only carries RO.  The $30 was for BGE brand, which used to be $19+tax here (and I like that lump).
    That didn't seem right, so I looked. According to their web site, at least one of the Ogden HD stores has it in stock...

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    8 bags of Rockwood. Lowest I've been in a long, long time. 
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    1/2 a bag of Rockwood.  I don't sweat it, dealer who is 3 miles away keep it in stock, but I like having a bag for backup just In case.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I had a little under 300lbs when I got some down the other day. That's OO, hasty bake, and FOGO. I finished the garage attic so I have my own separate 20'*8' or so storage right above the eggs home. If FOGO gets anywhere near $30 a 35lb bag again this winter I'm gonna grab a lot. 
  • jbates67
    Options
    I usually buy five 40# bags of Lazzari http://www.lazzari.com/ through my local food service company. I order 5 more when I get down to my last bag.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Options
    Well here in West Jefferson NC we have so many choices! One can go to Wally World or Lowe's hardware or a hardware store 45 minutes away and pay the big bucks for BGE lump that we all know is much better lump. The local grocery stores have lump in very small bags at high prices. If I drive 2 hours to Charlotte (Restaurant Depot) I can get RO at reasonable cost but the drive kills the deal. So for those of you that have a nearby source at a reasonable price count your blessings. I also don't have the room to stockpile large amounts of lump here at the house and even less storage in the Motor Home we spend the winter in. :)

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• bob.bud
    bob.bud Posts: 297
    Options
    100 pounds of RW, plus whatever is left in the basket and a few chunks in a RW bag.
    Bloomfield Hills, MI | LGBE : AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid : Kick Ash Basket : Smokeware Cap : Smobot Beta
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    Lit said:
    I had a little under 300lbs when I got some down the other day. That's OO, hasty bake, and FOGO. I finished the garage attic so I have my own separate 20'*8' or so storage right above the eggs home. If FOGO gets anywhere near $30 a 35lb bag again this winter I'm gonna grab a lot. 
    I thought you were a stick burner and too good to buy lump  ;)
  • Botch
    Options
    Botch said:
    Botch said:
    That didn't seem right, so I looked. According to their web site, at least one of the Ogden HD stores has it in stock...

Thanks Michael; I've never seen it in my usual Riverdale (south Ogden) store but I'll check a couple other of the Ogden locations.  Would rather ride the motorcycle around Ogden checking than walk into a wally whirled!  

• chick533
    Options
    6 bags of rockwood and 1bag of OO I'm saving but don't know why
    2XLBGE, Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini, 36" Blackstone
    Raymore, MO
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Lit said:
    I thought you were a stick burner and too good to buy lump  ;)
    I use 1 chimney full every cook to warm up the backwoods and get the split going. Plus I'll use one of the eggs every so often for grilling or pizza. I usually keep RO around to warm up the backwoods but was out and had to use FOGO last weekend. Once I get the backyard set up I'm sure I will use the xl more. You are right though I do prefer the backwoods over the eggs for longer cooks when I have time to baby sit it.
  • Cm23
    Cm23 Posts: 130
    Options
    I have 1/2 an egg, 100 lbs of rock wood arriving tomorrow.
    XL, 2 Large, Mini  -- Shenandoah, TX  Now BulletGrillHouse