Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PA Eggfest

Options
I'm cooking in the PA EggFest (The Woodburners in Hatfield, PA) tomorrow (My first time at this one). Is anyone else cooking or attending? 

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Wish I could be there, but my big guy is playing fall ball and has a game up in Hamburg.

Have fun!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • pescadorzih
    Options
    I'm cooking along with my wife.
    In parking lot as I type.
    I know I'm early.
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    Seems like I'm always working when these come up around me.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • pescadorzih
    Options
    Weather held out here. Lots of good food and good people. My brisket was a little overcooked, but it tasted good. 
    Wife's zucchini bread turned out great. 2 loaves were gone in no time.
    Received many compliments on our food.
    SE PA
  • abpgwolf
    Options
    I had a great time, it was a big crowd despite the threatening weather. My food was disappearing before I had time to put it on plates. The venue, food, music and people were great.

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

• tactical_66
    Options
    I cooked here with my buddy a couple of years ago. We had a great time but it is expensive for the cooks. 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    PHOTOS?
    Flint, Michigan
  • pescadorzih
    Options

I cooked here with my buddy a couple of years ago. We had a great time but it is expensive for the cooks. 
    Yeah, it does get a little pricey. Thats why I try to do pork butts snd chicken. 
    I think they ought to have everyone attending to vote for best overall cook and get some sort of prize.
    Also, I think they could try a little harder to get some more meat donations from Hatfield, Leidy's and maybe some other meat producer. Let them do a little advertising promoting their products. 
    SE PA
  • pescadorzih
    Options

PHOTOS?
    I was too busy to take photos.
    I only made a quick trip around to the other cooks to sample their food early on. 
    I only sat for about a half hour all day.
    SE PA
  • abpgwolf
    Options

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

• abpgwolf
    Options

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    My wife and i where there we made Pizza all day 21 of them along with pork loin (i wasn't happy with the pork ) and veggies the pizza's where big hit and we received great compliments from lots of people and the shocker was when the cooks from the culinary school came over and told us how good the pies where . Made my day
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • abpgwolf
    Options
    Sorry, I didn't have time to walk around and take pics. These are just a couple of quick shots from my booth. 

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

• pescadorzih
    Options
    @bigphil
    I was right next to you. Talked to you afterward.
    SE PA
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    @pescadorzih i thought that was you by your avatar here 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • tactical_66
    Options

Yeah, it does get a little pricey. Thats why I try to do pork butts snd chicken. 
    I think they ought to have everyone attending to vote for best overall cook and get some sort of prize.
    Also, I think they could try a little harder to get some more meat donations from Hatfield, Leidy's and maybe some other meat producer. Let them do a little advertising promoting their products. 
    That is a good idea. Give some more incentive and more people would cook. Glad it was a good day for all. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options

That is a good idea. Give some more incentive and more people would cook. Glad it was a good day for all. 
    As a thank you, we prepare a gift bag for each cook team and also give away prizes for each cook as we pull names out of a hat. Least we can do. Admittedly our fest is modest @ 10-15 cook. 
  • dukecush
    Options
    Anyone going or cooking in the PA Eggfest tomorrow in Hatfield, PA at The Woodburners? How has it been in the past?
    Large bge, Pennington, NJ