Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Labor Day Family Get Together for Brisket, Pulled Pork and Ribs(pic heavy)

Options
Ladeback69
Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
edited September 2015 in EggHead Forum
Well this started at midnight yesterday with a 9.64 trimed prime brisket.  It was done at 9:30 the next morning.  Let rest for about 20 minutes, then separated point and made burnt ends.  At 10 am the two piece pork butt went on.  I think I learned a lesson here, I don't use a dip pan and I think the fat from the brisket the pork butt was keeping the egg to get back up to temp without opening the vents more.  At 1 I put on 2 slabs of spares on for a 2-1-1 method.  At about 4 on the pork bits were at 150 so I wrapped them when I wrapped the ribs to speed up the cook.  At 4 I took ribs out of foil and put them back one.  At 4:30 pulled pork butts at 198 and they probed like butter. I also put finishing sauce on one slab of ribs. Pulled them at 5 pm.  Everyone arrived around 6ish and I plled the pork, sliced ribs and brisket.  Family brought potato salad, baked beans and cole slaw.  Beans and cole slaw were home made and awesome.  Pieces of brisket were in the beans.  Great food Great family.  

Did a 20 to 30 minute 700 degree clean burn on plate setter.
XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.

Comments