Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

College Football Kickoff Cooks

Seven days from today we will be neck deep in week 1 of College Football....my absolute favorite time of year to be an EggHead! I am planing to do Chicken Wings early in the day for the noon Georgia kickoff and then get some ribs going for the prime time games where I will be flipping between Alabama/Wisconsin and Texas/Notre Dame.

What are you planing to cook and what games are you most excited about?

My mid day intake for the Auburn game will mostly consist of barley, wheat and hops.

GameCock fans....please chime in with your Thursday night Egg plans. 

Go Dawgs!!  
Atlanta, GA - Large BGE x 2

Comments

• chrisc133
    chrisc133 Posts: 501
    I'm out of town for a wedding next weekend so no cooking for me...but had to chime in for a Go Dawgs. 
    Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
    Featured on Man Fire Food Season 7
  • Jickey
    Jickey Posts: 13
    Table picked up yesterday, Egg will be delivered Friday. Current plans are wings and steaks for the evening and then a shoulder and brisket for Monday. 

Oh, and there only game that matters on Saturday is Auburn vs. Louisville. War Eagle!
  • I've never understood football season weddings. All the guys hovering around a tv during the reception. Then you get to spend your anniversaries wondering how to fit the games into your anniversary celebration.
    Blue Ridge, GA
  • Sounds like a good plan. Wings definitely for me. Maybe a steak or ribs for a night cap.
    Blue Ridge, GA
  • TEH68
    TEH68 Posts: 62
    Wings for the Dawgs game. Then maybe steaks or beer can burgers with bacon wrapped jalapeños for the evening. 

Go Dawgs!!
    Large, Small & Mini. Marietta, GA Go DAWGS!!
  • Ok -so we are going to an ACC game Thursday - and not the one in Charlotte- but our Tailgate cook will include wings, ABTs , turtle eggs, some Mimi's dip, a few irish car bomb jello shots, fireball cupcakes, and some grilled mushrooms- still trying to figure out the rest - hate Thursday night games cause it shortens the tailgate time when lots don't open early! 
    Cary, NC    LBGE & Mini Max
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    The college football season starts this Thursday when MICHIGAN kicks off!!!

I'll be cooking up some wings and brats.  Picked up some baby back ribs for the weekend.

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    YEMTrey said:

Trey......I must respectfully disagree with you....as my Cocks kick it off at 6:00 PM....a couple hours before your boys tee it up. 

Sorry to call you out on a technicality.....I want post a picture of the hit. I am just busting on ya....Best of luck to your Wolverines this season. 

I'll be cooking up some linkage in the parking lot of Panther Stadium in Charlotte.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    tailg8ers said:
    ... hate Thursday night games cause it shortens the tailgate time when lots don't open early! 
    Great to see folks with their priorities in order.

• Wings, jalapeño poppers, captain Rodney's dip and I'm thinking about ribs to watch my Tide take on the Badgers. RTR.
    Dyersburg, TN
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    YEMTrey said:

Trey......I must respectfully disagree with you....as my Cocks kick it off at 6:00 PM....a couple hours before your boys tee it up. 

Sorry to call you out on a technicality.....I want post a picture of the hit. I am just busting on ya....Best of luck to your Wolverines this season. 

I'll be cooking up some linkage in the parking lot of Panther Stadium in Charlotte.
    No worries, I was just being a smarta$$.  

Good luck to you, hopefully The Ole Ball Coach has another run in him!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    College football, hot tub, big green egg, and bangers and mash are on our menu this weekend. Enjoy. :relaxed: 
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    edited September 2015
    No game cooks for me.   Elbow surgery is going to put me immobilized in the arm dept for 4 weeks instead of 2.  Going to be hard enough to handle daily tasks left handed as it is lol =). Any way Geaux Tigers!!!!
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • Unfortunately, I'm on the road and will not be egging this weekend.  However I will be enjoying a tasty adult beverage at the hotel when the Gamecocks kick off on the Tarheels!  Go Cocks!
  • tyenic1
    tyenic1 Posts: 150
    I'm doing smoked Chicken quarters and Wings! I have about 30 friends coming over to watch the new era of Husker Football GO BIG RED!!!!!
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 685
    Thursday I hope to be having burned chicken.

Chicken wings Saturday as I won't be getting home until after the game.

Go Tigers!
  • mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    edited September 2015
    SRF Wagyu brisket is on the menu for Sunday.  Saturday during the games I'm doing a couple of pork roasts.  So weekend menu goes something like this: Friday 00 Pizza (lg BGE), Saturday Pork Roast (KJ Jr) and Sunday Brisket (lg BGE).  This leaves Monday to use the deli slicer, and vac sealer, to prepare luncheon meat from the leftover pork and brisket cooks.  Well, at least this is the plan.

LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• I plan on doing bone in pork loins to watch the Tide roll over the Badgers.
    Large, Medium

Heflin, AL
  • northGAcock
    Elijah said:
    Thursday I hope to be having burned chicken.

Chicken wings Saturday as I won't be getting home until after the game.

Go Tigers!
    Well a shot over the bow I see. Be careful of that woffard run game.

• Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,050
    Let's go Cocks!!  Not sure what I'm whipping up tomorrow night yet. 
  • St Louis style and beef ribs are on. ABT's coming up shortly. First beer(s) are cracked and Meeeshigan canopy is keeping the egg dry.

Go Blue!
    Highland, MI

L BGE, Primo, and a KJ Jr
  • Smoking a brisket for the ND game as I hope they smoke the horns that night. Will probably put some wings on after I FTC the brisket.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• Porterhouse steaks with sautéed mushrooms and Brussels sprouts!  Other than Christmas, best day of year- first day of CFB !
    1. Bettendorf, Ia with lots of time in Chattanooga, Tn.  LBGE, plate setter, ar, Looft lighter, maverick et-735, Rutland gasket, Smokeware SS cap, Kickash basket, and lots of cast iron.
  • Smoking a brisket for the ND game as I hope they smoke the horns that night. Will probably put some wings on after I FTC the brisket.

Hey now TN, I would be worried about my horns coming up there and embarrassing those golden homers.  lol.  Hope its a good game.
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I'm having Woodford and a Perdomo Sun Grown.... Y'all eating? So glad college football is back. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Jerk Chicken and Wings tonight

Burgers and Fries Friday

Sat-Mon TBD. Father-in-law's choice. He's visting from Columbus and lost his Bride the end of June (I see Ribs and Pizza in my future). We will keep him in 35 degree Miller High Life's for the duration! 

Go Bucks! 

New Albany, Ohio 

• PASmoke
    PASmoke Posts: 279
    It's official....the 2015 college football season has officially kicked off! Cheers gentlemen! 

• Ribs, Mac-n-Cheese, Collards......
    Go Gators!!!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keywords: Gator, Nashvegas, LBGE, Looftlighter, Thermapen in Racing Green (faster than the red one!), PSWOO2, Spider with CI, IQ120
  • PASmoke
    PASmoke Posts: 279
    Calling an audible! Scrapping the idea of wings and ribs for a couple of reasons and instead going with smoked Turkey breast & thigh for lunch and grilled chicken and sausage for dinner. I'll post the cooks later today. Go Dawgs!