Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Papa Murphy's and Frozen, rising crust Digorno on the egg with pics

Options
Of course, the egg never ceases to impress.  I've done a ton of Papa Murphy's pizzas and now frozen Digorno also, lol.  So I figured I would put up some pics with my process. 
Placesetter, legs down.
Pizza Stone on top of some bunched up foil for an air gap (my air gap is only about 1/3 inch).
Temp at directed temps, around 400-420
I basically just get the coals going with the placesetter and stone in there ready to go, then when it hits temp, toss in the pies....I don't wait for a long time to get them in like some.  I've made pizza for years at five different restaurants and never had any complaints...just return customers.  So I must be doing something right haha

Then I just cook till golden brown.  Without the air gap, crust gets very burnt because I've done a Papa Murphy's for almost 40 minutes before with air gap and it's great.  Just cook till golden brown on top and bottom.  I once did not do the air gap when doing pigs in a blanket....and let's just say....lesson learned.

Both types of pizza turned out great....the little frozen pizza was a real shocker that it was so good.
1) XLBGE                  1) PK's Pro 100 pound capacity commercial grade electric smoker
2) Chief smokers        1) Brinkmann...first smoker...gave to a buddy after years of great service.
1) Char Broil Gas grill  1) Square Char Broil coal grill   1) Round XL Weber round coal grill
1) Rotisserie for the Weber grill (AWESOME).....I don't have a problem, I can stop anytime I want...I can.

Comments

• butert
    butert Posts: 202
    Options
    Where did you get that pizza stone?
    Cooking on a XL BGE from Allendale, Mi.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Damn...an XL can sure make a single pizza look small...
    Would have been a good breakfast this morning.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • VooDuuChild
    Options
    butert said:
    Where did you get that pizza stone?
    That is the BGE pizza stone.  And yes.....the XL, for me was the only way to go...I do a lot of large group cooks and it actually gets pretty small, pretty quick, lol.  It's a good thing I have a stable of cookers/smokers/grills.
    1) XLBGE                  1) PK's Pro 100 pound capacity commercial grade electric smoker
    2) Chief smokers        1) Brinkmann...first smoker...gave to a buddy after years of great service.
    1) Char Broil Gas grill  1) Square Char Broil coal grill   1) Round XL Weber round coal grill
    1) Rotisserie for the Weber grill (AWESOME).....I don't have a problem, I can stop anytime I want...I can.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,121
    Options
    Nice cook!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    Can’t believe VooDuuChild didn’t stick around.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike