Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jacked up BMT

Focker
Focker Posts: 8,364
edited August 2015 in EggHead Forum
Patient, and husband, gifted me some homegrown heirlooms, onions, squash, sweet corn.  Putzin' today with the eggs while doin' odd and ends around the house.

Greased up the Hartstone pottery with ghee, and fired up the baker this morning.  While at 400 indirect, decided to roast a few cloves while it was hummin' along.

Fired up the greaser large.  SSDD

Whipped up some mayo with the stick blender, plucked some basil(a nice change from flavorless iceberg), and shredded some whole milk mozz.  Mashed the roasted garlic.  Ready to roll. 

On the Griswold to melt.

Kosher and cracked white pepper on the maters.

Tossed the sweet corn on the baker with some Plugra, kosher and white pepper, after the bread finished up.  Some kettle cooked Jalapeno chips for a little bite.  And lastly, a $7 twelver.

thanks 
Brandon
Quad Cities
"If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Oh my. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • CDPlaya
    CDPlaya Posts: 81
    I wish you lived closer ,I have a case of PBR no one will drink. I had a bum throw a can of it at my truck. Thank god he was looped,he missed...

love the BLT though.   Lol
    "One Job at a Time, One Day at a Time" 
    " Stop and smell the Roses " Life is too Short
  • Focker
    CDPlaya said:
    I wish you lived closer ,I have a case of PBR no one will drink. I had a bum throw a can of it at my truck. Thank god he was looped,he missed...

Thanks.
    What did ya do to make him want to toss it at your truck?
    You can ship it here, I will take care of it.  =)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    looks amazing but $7 for a PBR?  Usually about $1?
  • Focker
    stv8r said:
    looks amazing but $7 for a PBR?  Usually about $1?
    Thanks @stv8r,

To save some work for the peeps who were checking the math on my hot dog stand post lol.....
    (US$ 7.79) / 12 =
    0.649166667 US$
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Great looking cook! I also like Zac Brown. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • DIAD
    DIAD Posts: 187
    That pic just screams "summer"
    Chester, MD
  • Focker
    Great looking cook! I also like Zac Brown. 

Thanks.  
    Been too long since they've been here in the QC.  Hope they come back soon. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Get in my belly!  :clap:  Love a BLT extra on the B. :wink: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Focker
    Get in my belly!  :clap:  Love a BLT extra on the B. :wink: 
    I'm with ya buddy. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    That is awesome.  Love the use of the basil and rhe homemade bread looks great. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Wow, very nice. 
  • Focker
    Thanks guys.  The basil was a pleasant sub.

Was a great cook, made me appreciate ceramic by dialing in two temps and letting them roll.  Even left the house for a bit to pick up the mozz and beer......no worries.  :)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• CDPlaya
    CDPlaya Posts: 81
    Focker said:
    CDPlaya said:

Thanks.
    I dropped a case of it off at a local homeless area.  Someone gave me two cases to try. I did not like it. So I dropped it off to them . I went around the corner and passed back. Next thing I know a full can cruised over the hood of my truck... And yes it was refrigerated and cold.
    "One Job at a Time, One Day at a Time" 
    " Stop and smell the Roses " Life is too Short
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited August 2015
    CDPlaya said:
    Focker said:
    CDPlaya said:

Thanks.
    I dropped a case of it off at a local homeless area.  Someone gave me two cases to try. I did not like it. So I dropped it off to them . I went around the corner and passed back. Next thing I know a full can cruised over the hood of my truck... And yes it was refrigerated and cold.
    Dayum!  That is pretty funny that a homeless person was so offended that you brought them PBR he or she hurled it at your truck. 

We may be homeless, but we are not animals damn you!!!

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Looks good! @Focker

You ever try Uncle Pete's with a BLT? I can't have a BLT without some type of spicy mustard now! =)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Focker
    WeberWho? said:
    Looks good! @Focker

You ever try Uncle Pete's with a BLT? I can't have a BLT without some type of spicy mustard now! =)

Thanks V.  Had the bottle in my hand for the mayo.  Split second decision, put it down and picked up the Grey Poupon instead.  I love the stuff, just opted for no heat.  

There's a local favorite stone ground mustard made here in Rock Island.  
    We will have to work out a trade next time Stac and I head up north. ;)

http://qctimes.com/business/boetje-foods-rock-island-s--year-old-mustard-maker/article_626cb567-5871-5dc1-950b-c1fbcdef916e.html
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Lmidkiff
    Lmidkiff Posts: 442
    Amazing thru and thru. Thanks for sharing.

McKinney, TX
  • Focker
    edited August 2015
    Thanks @Lmidkiff
    Went a little too heavy on the egg white glaze for the bread, leftover from the mayo.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Focker said:
    WeberWho? said:
    Looks good! @Focker

Thanks V.  Had the bottle in my hand for the mayo.  Split second decision, put it down and picked up the Grey Poupon instead.  I love the stuff, just opted for no heat.  

There's a local favorite stone ground mustard made here in Rock Island.  
    We will have to work out a trade next time Stac and I head up north. ;)

http://qctimes.com/business/boetje-foods-rock-island-s--year-old-mustard-maker/article_626cb567-5871-5dc1-950b-c1fbcdef916e.html
    Good read and cool story for them!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Yep, that will do for me. Another great cook Brandon. Guys like you keep the rest of us humans reaching upward. Bravo! 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    That looks killer!  Salivating about now!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Simply amazin' lookin' sandwich. My mouth is watering. I'll keep my comments about the beer to myself. ;)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Good lookin cook.  Just saw ZBB in Atlanta a month or so ago.......guy puts on a great show!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Focker said:

Whipped up some mayo with the stick blender, 

You guys don't have Dukes Mayo there? You can't make it better than Duke's....JKOC Looks like a great sami......and oh the love that went into it!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Focker
    Thanks much guys.  Appreciate a good brew, and decent easy drinkin' cheap stuff too.  If homeless, and given to me, I would not throw it back at the damn guy. I guess beggers can be choosers in this day and age. hahaha

Same goes for the BLT.  Wonder, Hellmann's, and Oscar Meyer easily get the job done.  

@northGAcock,
    Unfortunately, no Duke's.  Hear lots of good stuff about it.
    Next time in that neck of the woods I may have to grab a few jars along with the Yuengling. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities