Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Got 6 bags of rockwood today

Options
4 had holes in them. The other 2 were busted wide open. Not happy.

Large, Medium

Heflin, AL

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I'm guessing fire craft. I've never had an order that bad. Sorry man. That's really not typical. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • RollTideRob
    Options
    I know. I never had one this bad either 
    Large, Medium

Heflin, AL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,046
    Options
    Must be firecraft.

Seems like its lump roulette from them.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Jeremiah
    Options
  • Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    Options
    Dang man, that's all I can say.  Ace called me today to tell me my 4 bags were in.  Hope they are not in that kind of shape.  It will be the first time I have tried Rockwood.
    Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    I'm guessing fire craft. I've never had an order that bad. Sorry man. That's really not typical. 
    ....or a dive bombing War Eagle....sorry, football season is drawing near.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • RollTideRob
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    ....or a dive bombing War Eagle....sorry, football season is drawing near.
    I wish. That would give me something to shoot.
    Large, Medium

Heflin, AL
  • BIll-W221
    BIll-W221 Posts: 279
    Options
    Call them and send them those pictures, you shouldn't have to pay for that !!!

Roll TIde !!!!
  • RollTideRob
    Options
    BIll-W221 said:
    Call them and send them those pictures, you shouldn't have to pay for that !!!

Roll TIde !!!!
    Thought I would tomorrow.

Roll Tide 
    Large, Medium

Heflin, AL
  • BIll-W221
    BIll-W221 Posts: 279
    Options
    At least get one free bag out of them.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,361
    Options
    Been there done that with Fire Craft. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Leave Rockwood alone!
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,046
    Options
    I bet it mouthed off to IK Enemkpali.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Lit
    Options
    Oh and that's not very bad. Imagine if you had just ordered 2 bags then ordered $60 in rubs and they were packaged together.
  • RollTideRob
    Options
    Lit said:
    Leave Rockwood alone!
    What do you recommend?
    Large, Medium

Heflin, AL
  • Jeremiah
    Options
    Lit said:
    Leave Rockwood alone!
    What do you recommend?
    Oh geez here we go....
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    I got three bags today from Fire craft... They were just fine, of course I'm only 10min away so I picked them up
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Lit said:
    Leave Rockwood alone!
    How can Rockwood be blamed for this? Clearly it was not packaged properly and Fedex/UPS beat the box up.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    Well, I've observed a few posts about Firecraft packaging. It's too bad. I'm going to forgo Rockwood orders from Firecraft if these posts continue.
    You'd think they'd get it. Nothing against Rockwood Lump at all. Firecraft owns their packaging. 
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    edited August 2015
    Options
    FedEx beats up boxes. While my 4 bags of RW from Frecraft arrived fine, here's the BBQ sauce (from another vendor) that arrived today: 
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Somebody at FedEx put a forklift through that box or dropped it big time.  The rips in the box are obvious, but the tape is a biggest clue.  Firecraft seals there boxes with the brown water activated tape.  All that clear packing tape came from someone in the middle.  It even looks like there is additional cardboard pieces on the one side taped to the box to help it.  It didn't leave Firecraft like that and neither did the bags (any ripped bags get palletized and marked for return to us in St. Louis.)

Call Firecraft and let them know what happened.

After the long thread a few months ago, I've talked several times with the president of Firecraft.  I have also ordered several of my own product to see how it arrived.  I had one box get beat up pretty badly (nothing to that extent), but we discussed ways to improve.  They did try to get a username here to address concerns directly, but were never approved.  Like us, they have received very little to no feedback directly about shipping.......all they have is what I have seen here and forward to them.

I have forwarded link to this thread to Firecraft, but don't assume that's always going to happen.  Call/email them (or us), and we'll be able to help.  I assume your name is Rob and you're from AL, but that doesn't help me much since I do not know their customer list.

How did the other box look?
  • RollTideRob
    Options
    the other box looked ok but each bag did have holes in them. I'll call firecraft tomorrow. I do agree it's probably the fault of FedEx.
    Large, Medium

Heflin, AL
  • Lit
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Lit said:
    Leave Rockwood alone!
    What do you recommend?
    Oh geez here we go....
    Oh no. I learned my lesson. It's not Rockwood fault that numerous orders arrive to their customers beat up and broken it's the shipping people. How could we expect Rockwood to ask firecraft to put a little packing materials in the boxes? Maybe stronger bags from Rockwood? I have had 1000 pounds of fogo sent from Amazon never had a broken bag. Damn delivery guys.
  • HostileHarry
    Options
    Lit said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Lit said:
    Leave Rockwood alone!
    What do you recommend?
    Oh geez here we go....
    Oh no. I learned my lesson. It's not Rockwood fault that numerous orders arrive to their customers beat up and broken it's the shipping people. How could we expect Rockwood to ask firecraft to put a little packing materials in the boxes? Maybe stronger bags from Rockwood? I have had 1000 pounds of fogo sent from Amazon never had a broken bag. Damn delivery guys.
    Very constructive criticism... Nothing like the owner of a product being a huge supporter to community even when sarcastic folks wait around to make snarky comments instead of offering up an idea/opinion.

I've had Fogo from Amazon arrive no problem. I've also have Rockwood from Firecraft arrive with and without problem. I do wonder if Firecraft might not add a double-thick box and/or use smaller box and ship fewer bags per box?

Big Green Egg: Large & Mini Max
    Kamado Joe: Classic

Chicago, IL
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    FedEx beats up boxes. While my 4 bags of RW from Frecraft arrived fine, here's the BBQ sauce (from another vendor) that arrived today:
    Guess you will just have to settle for it being a dipping sauce. No way you can brush that on. B)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • HostileHarry
    Options
    @HofstraJet OMG! I could just imagine trying to explain that mess to my wife. HAHA
    Big Green Egg: Large & Mini Max
    Kamado Joe: Classic

Chicago, IL
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    So much for the lituation dropping his bad experience with two measly bags. Jesus H. Christ. That dude holds a grudge worse than a woman scorned. 
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    What @stlcharcoal said. Let the vendor know. I constantly tell Amazon that their packaging sucks. Guess most people don't mind slightly damaged products because they don't fix it. Cheaper to take a few returns than fix packaging for everyone. 
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com