Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ash Baskets - Smart investment or worthless gadget?

Options
2»

Comments

• clifkincaid
    Options
    Since I've owned the KAB for my MBGE I have not had 1 backdraft. Even when opened fairly fast. I love mine. 
  • TFols
    TFols Posts: 241
    Options
    Does anyone use the KAB with a Woo? Wondering if the handles would interfere in any way.
    Bloomfield, NJ
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    TFols said:
    Does anyone use the KAB with a Woo? Wondering if the handles would interfere in any way.

I use the Woo in both my L and M with the KAB. No handle interference on either one for me.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I could see it for tailgating to speed cleanup and cooling but other things I would rather have for the price. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    I could see it for tailgating to speed cleanup and cooling but other things I would rather have for the price. 
    I was thinking about one for the MM just exactly for that, tailgating, makes sense.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • KSwoll
    KSwoll Posts: 129
    Options
    I have the KAB for my medium. I can pull the whole basket of hot coals and place it in my metal ash bucket to extinguish the hot coals. I then leave the lid open on the medium to decrease the cooling time it takes the egg to cool. This has come in handy when we go camping or I bring with me to Dizzy Fest to cook. I purchased the KAB specifically to pull out hot coals before they cooled. The ease of cleaning was a secondary benefit. I will be getting one for my mini max too.
    XL, Large, Medium, and Mini Max
    Northern Virgina
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    I like it for increased airflow on the MM.  I have the newest design and I leave it in the MM. Also for quick cooling on the road I have in the past watered down the lump and with no issues reused said lump. Is it a gadget? Yes. Worthless? No. Works as advertised and is built to last many years. In regards to cleanup the MM takes seconds to cleanout to begin with. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL