Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Blue Angels Fly By

Options
"Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full"
https://youtu.be/_ba2wWgc8cU
LBGE | DigiQ | SW Cap | KAB | iGrill2 | CI PS | PSWoo2 | HQ Grid | Extender
Mini Max | PartyQ | KAB | CGW 2-Tier (Mod) | Woo w/Stone | SW Cap (mod) | CI13 

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Got to see them in Pensacola a few years ago. One helluva show. 
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I used to work on the flightline and every year before the annual air show the USAF Thunderbirds would practice for a few days before.  It was always cool, and I could avoid the air show crowd, lmao.

The blue angels usually come to the bay area about same time as my wedding anniversary, I have never been able to determine if it is just coincidence or not... lol
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    That was awesome!!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    Nice! Friend of mine just got to take a ride with one of them last week. 
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Where I grew up, I could swim to their home airfield from my back yard. They shook my house every time they practiced. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    We get an awesome show in Seattle every year during seafair.
    Seattle, WA
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    went to the airshow at Moffett Field NAS in Bay Area every single year growing up.  Our house was only a couple of miles away, so on the practice day and on the day we didn't go, we would sit on the roof waiting for them to fly over...then they closed Moffett.

I got a chance when living in San Diego to see them at Miramar NAS several years in a row, that was a great airshow until the Marines took over and filled it with helicopters.  One of my proudest parenting moments happened at a Miramar show, our kids were young (~4 and 6 I think), it was hot and they were tired but the big planes hadn't flown yet, so I bought them each a mountain dew so we could coax a couple of more hours out of them.  Stealth fighter, Blue Angels, B-2 flyover and B-1 that year.  It was unbelievable.  B-1 is by far the loudest plane I've ever heard.

I wish there was something closer to us in Austin.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Well ship my pants!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow