Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rich's Tri-Tip

Options
Yesterday Rich and his wife Robin our son and daughter in law came down from Paradise, Ca. for a few days. So I went to Costco for Prime Tri Tip two in a pack for $53.00.

Started with Vidalia Onions stuffed with butter, blue cheese, and bacon.

This is Rich's recipe so I let him mix it up and marinate the Tri-Tip for a few hours.

Stuffed Vidalias on the Grill Grates @350*

Pulled the onions and put in the oven then put on the spaghetti squash on the grill. 

After 30 minutes flipped the squash and put the Tri-Tip on @400*

Tri-Tip off the Egg @125* interior and resting.

I think I nailed it!

Our helpers and gleaners. Sadie the cockapoo and Zoey the pitbull.
This recipe for the Tri-Tip was wonderful and I have it now and so do you, served with Spaghetti squash that wonderful and the stuffed Vidalia onion that was under baked but flavorful.

Tri-Tip recipe: 1/2 shot cooking sherry
3/4 C soy sauce
1/4 C tempura sauce
1/4 C oyster sauce
1/4 C worcestershire sauce
2 TB honey
1 TB minced onion flakes 
4 + cloves of garlic fine dice 
1-2TB fresh ground pepper
1/2 to 1 C ketchup
Marinade Tri-Tip in ingredients except ketchup for two hours. Grill Tri-Tip and save marinade to mix with ketchup to make bbq sauce. Liberaly add sauce to the Tri-tip during last 10 minutes of grilling.

Recipe: Stuffed Vidalia onions:http://www.jamesandeverett.com/2012/...tuffed-onions/

Thanks for lookin!

Ross

Comments