Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pig Knuckles

Options
Butcher has several that should be here Wednesday or Thursday. Anyone have any suggestions or experiences, cooking them on an Egg, that you could share ?? I have had them several times in China, Korea, and Hong Kong but have never attempted to cook them myself but plan to try next week............Thanks in advance for your comments.

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    I grew up eating "pickled pig's feet" as a special treat, but totally unfamiliar with cooking them; will be watching this thread closely!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    If I may ask, do you have a true pork knuckle? I ask because the term is used very broadly from region to region. If you have a true knuckle, I may know a old southern gentleman that can help you out. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    I only have experience with moose knuckle. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    MJG said:
    I only have experience with moose knuckle. 
    We call them meat curtains 
  • TNHokie69
    TNHokie69 Posts: 11
    Options
    The joint between the tibia/fibula and the metatarsals of the foot, where the foot was attached to the hog's leg. It is the portion of the leg that is neither part of the ham proper nor the foot or ankle, but rather the extreme shank end of the leg bone. Cooking them require braising for around 4 hours or so...........