Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Toronto Eggfest 2015- who should I be on the lookout for?

Comments

• Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Packing the truck and making the drive south for the third year.  Always enjoy it.  Hoping this year to get a few minutes to chat with some people from here.  The countdown is in full swing!
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • Greeno55
    I wasn't going to cook this year but it seems I will be back at it again.
    Great stuff!!  I remember the skewers last year with peanut sauce, and some great bread and jam. What do you have planned this year?
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    I wasn't going to cook this year but it seems I will be back at it again.
    Jeezus! Stay away from this guy. He sometimes wears dresses and eats form of the strangest non-food products you can imagine. And whatever you do DO NOT OFFER TO BUY HIM A BEER he'll follow you around like a puppy the whole time you're there.

Otherwise, he isn't too bad a guy.
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Have a great time everyone. I am afraid thats the annual cottage weekend where I will be drunk and egg-less for 3 days and forced to do what little I can on a weber kettle. I manage, no one has starved yet but still...
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    edited June 2015
    Well folks - the clouds are parting and the stars are aligning. Shaping up to be a great day for TO's Eggfest tomorrow. Especially looking forward to meeting some of the folks from this forum. To make it sweeter, my buddy @spillz (new forum member) is picking up his first egg tomorrow. Another egghead is born! 

Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • YYZegger
    YYZegger Posts: 231
    FYI there is the Honda Indy this weekend in Toronto as well, the Lakeshore Ave is closed near the CNE, maybe leave a bit early if you can, especially if your coming from the West end of TORONTO. 
    Toronto, Canada  LBGE
  • bweekes
    YYZegger said:
    FYI there is the Honda Indy this weekend in Toronto as well, the Lakeshore Ave is closed near the CNE, maybe leave a bit early if you can, especially if your coming from the West end of TORONTO. 
    Good call. Luckily I'm coming from the east end. Traffic chaos seems to be the norm in this city (always some event, construction, etc, resulting in road closures). Just imagine how things are going to be during the Pan Am games!  
    Ajax, ON Canada
  • Greeno55
    It's time!!
  • bweekes
    Skipped breakfast this morning! Can't wait to see pics posted up as everyone enjoys the day! en route now!
    Ajax, ON Canada
  • Dawnl
    Dawnl Posts: 252
    Leaving in 15 mins.  :)
    Ottawa Valley, Ontario
  • bweekes
    edited June 2015
    Some early pics. What a great day! Got a chance to meet @Canugghead, @TexanOfTheNorth, @pantsypants, @Little_Steven, @BigGreenCraig , @RGBHVand even Chad at KAB! 

Ajax, ON Canada
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    @Canugghead - thanks for the pictures! One question...in that picture of you and little Steven...were you sitting in a chair or was LS standing on a cooler? 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • YYZegger
    Good times today at EggFest  , will post more photos later, @BigGreenCraig nice meeting you today!
    Hope you had fun in Toronto. 
    Toronto, Canada  LBGE
  • pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Great day !! seeing some old friends making new ones and eating mediocre food . I am sure more photos will be posted shortly . 
    Toronto
  • bweekes
    Great day !! seeing some old friends making new ones and eating mediocre food . I am sure more photos will be posted shortly . 
    Ha! Kinda like those bacon cinnamon buns, eh? Those things were phenomenal!
    Ajax, ON Canada
  • pantsypants
    Yeah they were ok .......
    Toronto
  • YYZegger
    The bacon cinnamon buns were spectacular! Thanks @pantsypants
    Now that I see your photo @bweekes I did see you there today, liked your shirt with the pig.
    Toronto, Canada  LBGE
  • bweekes
    YYZegger said:
    The bacon cinnamon buns were spectacular! Thanks @pantsypants
    Now that I see your photo @bweekes I did see you there today, liked your shirt with the pig.
    Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet! My two boys had me busy. In fact, if it wasn't for @Canugghead bringing me food all day, I wouldn't have had time to try half of what I did! 
    Ajax, ON Canada
  • YYZegger
    More Photos from the Event today, sorry my hands were busy eating too much!
    Random photos and one of @TexanOfTheNorth, nice to meet you today, and Excellent Lamb Jambalaya + Brisket Sliders!!
    Toronto, Canada  LBGE
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727

Wow! Some great food was dished out in TO :)

I think LS has grown a few centimeters... must be a growth spurt.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    caliking said:

Wow! Some great food was dished out in TO :)

I think LS has grown a few centimeters... must be a growth spurt.

Plus, we'd had a lot of rain in the last few weeks. My grass is really growing fast too!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    edited June 2015
    Lots of fun yesterday and, beautiful weather. Great to see (and meet) - @YYZegger , @pantsypantspants, @RGBHV , @Canugghead , @bweekes , @little_steven, @Dawnl and so many others! Too bad about all those parking tickets. Hope everyone got theirs turned over to Dickson as they said they would be taking care of them.

@BigGreenCraig, nice to meet you too. Hope you enjoyed your time in TO and that you get back home to GA safely.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Should have come over to my cook station more often Phil. Fantastic food was available all day long! Not to mention that those cinnamon rolls Karen did were great!  =)
    @TexanOfTheNorth that Jambalya was was amazing !!

Toronto
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    @TexanOfTheNorth that Jambalya was was amazing !!

A lot of people did comment on the high quality lamb that was used to make the jambalaya. And, I've still got 3 more lbs. cubed here at home. In fact, I think I'll marinade some and make lamb kabobs for dinner tonight.

Sounds good but i need to have an early night so we will be by around 5 ?
    Toronto
  • AD18
    AD18 Posts: 209
    My first Eggfest and enjoyed it a lot.  Really enjoyed talking with Pantsypants and others about their Egg setups and techniques.  And the food was pretty good to boot:)  Thanks.  Think a few of the cooks where overwhelmed with the crowd.  Guy at entrance said they presold over 600 tickets and had a ton of walkins.  Great day, great event, and lots of fun. 
    Large BGE, Weber 22.5 kettle, Weber Genesis
    Cobourg, Ontario
  • Dawnl
    Dawnl Posts: 252
    Had a great time, ate some amazing bbq!  Met @TexanOfTheNorth, @pantsypants and chilled out with @little_steven.  My sons bought me the 3 tiered cooking rack, will be putting it to use today.  A great experience except for the f#cking parking ticket.  Will go again.
    Ottawa Valley, Ontario
  • pantsypants
    @dawnl I am pretty sure dicksons will take care of your parking ticket . Also it was great meeting you as well
    Toronto
  • gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    Nothing but a hoot yesterday!  Great to see the crowd enjoying the day and awesome food.  Brought my sister along and have her on the edge of becoming an egger.  She was eyeing the mini-max all day but has convince her hubby who bought a Cadillac gasser last year.  Cheers to @pantsypants @TexanOfTheNorth @Canugghead "Little Steven"  Here's my sister and Gabe - what's that green bugger eyeing up?

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini