Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Pork Tenderloin Recipie

Options
Bryan
Bryan Posts: 53
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I tried a pork tenderloin recipie tonight. It was pretty good. Posted in the New Recipie section. Give it a shot.[p]Bryan

Comments

• Frozen Chosen
    Options
    Bryan, careful.l; your recipie (sic)post says tenderloin but recipe is for loin. I had posted a similar recipe once or twice for bourbon and honey hickory-smoked pork tenderloin which remains one of my favorites. This marinade uses fresh sage along with bourbon, honey, lemon juice, onion, garlic and ginger. I usually serve with a tomato chutney. As does your recipe, it makes for great sandwiches the next day.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Bryan,
    Thanks for the recipe. It sounds great![p]Do you season your tenderloin? WIth what?

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Scratch that question.
    I saw after looking back at the recipe, that the marinade does that job. Thanks again.

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Frozen Chosen,
    I am confused. The recipe posted by Bryan is for pork tenderloins - but are you saying the original recipe Byran, that he properly gave credit for, was for pork loin and not the smaller tenderloin? I am wondering what cooking at 375 and having • 1/3 Cup Sour Cream • 1/3 Cup Mayonnaise on the tenderloins will do. I have never grilled with dairy products. [p]Tim

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Tim M,
    I live in the same town with Bryan,I just looked up the recipe in the newspaper he posted,it is made with pork tenderloin, it even has a picture of it,i will have to give this a try,looks great.In the picture it's on a large silver platter with the tenderloin going around the outside and a bowl in the center with the sauce in it.
    YB

• Frozen Chosen
    Options
    Tim M, You're right, the recipe does specify tenderloin. I read the post wrong. I know there is always confusion between the two, leading to gross differences in results if cooking times aren't adjusted.[p]