Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DESPERADO BBQ RUB AND SAUCE REVIEW

Options

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Pigskin, I'm not sure if I have a negative vibe or not.  Sometimes I suppose.  I don't have a beef with you, I just don't want to read your ads here, ads you write as reviews for free product and a chance for some advertising revenue.  I hope you do get a green egg and a traeger and anything else you want.  I hope your business grows, I just don't want to read your ads or reviews here.  One was great, I actually enjoyed its thoroughness.  The second tipped me off, two well written over the top positive reviews, that comprehensive from the same guy.  I love me some good sauce, but I can't imagine getting that geeked up about sauce TWICE to write that much about it. You even say on your site that before you would write a negative review, you would contact the product company and give them a chance to remedy.  That just screams bias to me.

If you were being attacked, then I suppose you would have a defensible position in saying you're not driving people to your website, that is true.  I found it myself because of your earlier SEO comment and the way the reviews were written gave you away.  I had to look SEO up.

This isn't my blog or forum.  I don't set the rules, I'm just saying (in a very public way) that your "reviews" are thinly disguised product placement in my opinion and I won't bother reading them.  I Have nothing against you or the products you review, best of luck to you.
  • PigskinBarbeque
    Options
    based on all the BS yall spewing I guess I was up to something by posting a banner to this forum also.   Just sad!
    I Smoke

• PigskinBarbeque
    Options
    legume you don't have to tell me you won't read my post, just avoid them!!! 
    that's real simple to do!

I Smoke

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @legume like not watching a commercial every two months, easy peasy. 
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    edited June 2015
    Options
    lol yall really make people feel welcomed with all the assumptions and accusations
    since you want to play Keystone cop detective maybe you should have taken the time to see the original post for this review is 11 months old, but yall know everything!
    1) it's not assumptions it's quotes

2) if you're talking about the link to this new original post you posted today with the same exact wording..... It must be time to renew that yearly contract. Can't hit the same websites though, gotta cover new territory. 
  • PigskinBarbeque
    Options
    You are truly CLUELESS
    there isn't a contract for the review, man your reading comp is BAD!!!!!!!!!

I Smoke

• Legume
    Options
    Pigskin, this is from the rules section for the forum, in fact, it's like the first rule

General Forum Rules

Spam, as we all know by now, is an unsolicited advertisement for goods, services and/or promotion of other websites, or non-relevant posts intended to promote something or someone. This sort of spam cannot be cooked on an EGG - although the other kind can, and you will find some great recipes on the forum! Please do not spam or self-promote on this forum.

Your review posts are spam - you're promoting products and their websites.  Before you go calling me names or saying I can't read real good, I think this is pretty clear.  It's product promotion the way you're presenting it.  Yes, I could've asked, but instead I looked you up and confirmed my suspicion.  After reading your responses, I doubt asking would've cleared anything up.

From your own review:

CONCLUSION:

As stated above, I like the rub and their rub and sauce works well together because they compliment each other. The rub isn’t too sweet and has a nice kick. The sauce isn’t just sweet, it’s tangy with a savory body. These two worked well together on the rib tips I made and they came out GREAT! I can honestly say I’m ordering some to always have around the house. Make sure you do the same. Every time I look at those pictures above I get hungry thinking how good they were! I now know personally why Desperado BBQ rub and sauces are award-winning!

I suggest you visit Desperado BBQ website and order some rub and sauce today!

DESPERADO BBQ ON THE WEB:

• ChillyWillis
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Its not a reading comp issue.  Its a simple case of reasoned thinking based on the evidence as presented to me.  The way I see it, you wrote that "review" last year.  You subsequently (after an obviously successful campaign on Google+ with your review) entered into a deal with the company... my guess would be for advertizing on your website but its just a guess. Now that year is up you want to show that its worth it for them to re-up so you lazily copy and pasted your websites "review" again to a bunch of new (to you) forums and websites thinking you'd drive up traffic and prove your worth.

Problem is you got called out.

Cut your losses.... arguing with us to (hopefully) appease your sponsors won't help.
  • PigskinBarbeque
    Options
    Chilli
    you need to keep your day job because guessing isn't your forte. As i've said before there isn't any "deal with the company".
    your reasoned thinking isn't too good either. See it's not based on how you see it. 
    Again I say yall assume too much instead of simply asking questions.
    but you know what happens when you ASSume, right!

I Smoke

• PigskinBarbeque
    Options
    legume from the rules it could be considered spam based on what it says but thats not what you accused me of doing. get your story straight and decide how you want to approach this ok!

I Smoke

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    OK, since you are saying everyone is assuming, what is your goal posting sauce reviews here? 
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • PigskinBarbeque
    Options
    DMW the point was sharing. this is a BBQ related forum right? so it'd not uncommon to talk about things related to BBQ, right?
    I made a point of leaving any links to my site out of what I posted because I knew some person would claim I was trying to drive traffic to my site.
    If I was trying to drive traffic I would only post part of the review with a link to make people have to go to my site to finish reading, but some people are SO SMART they couldn't figure out why I would post the whole thing here!

Doesn't make much sense to post it all here and expect someone to go to my site to read the SAME THING AGAIN....that's pointless!!!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to act logical and ask DMW
    I Smoke

• ChillyWillis
    Options
    DMW said:
    OK, since you are saying everyone is assuming, what is your goal posting sauce reviews here? 
    It's changed. At this point it's "keep the title of the post on the top page for as long as possible. Maybe I can prove my worth that way."
  • PigskinBarbeque
    Options
    LOL @ u Chilli, keep reaching because you know everything anyway!

I Smoke

• Legume
    Options
    legume from the rules it could be considered spam based on what it says but thats not what you accused me of doing. get your story straight and decide how you want to approach this ok!

It's still pimping your site, not for traffic from this forum, but pimping it for ads from the companies whose products you review.

Look, we're not going to agree.  You think we're all wrong, that's fine.  Please don't post those reviews here.
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Just get your egg and start posting cooks and joining in. After you do that a while nobody will mind you posting reviews or whatever. Its just suspicious when most of your posts are involved in a product. Just my opinion. 

Little Rock, AR

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Admittedly, I'm too lazy to go to your site, but if indeed the review is from last year  wtf took so long  to get it here?  
  • PigskinBarbeque
    PigskinBarbeque Posts: 42
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Legume, u sound foolish, no pimping anything. Companies don't have to get ads for me to conduct a review on their product......  Don't care if you agree but Ill leave you to be wrong anyday! but like I said earlier I DONT CARE ABOUT YOU NOT READING ANYTHING I POST, Do me a favor and start after you finish reading this, OK!

funny how when you see you're wrong you try and find another angle... SMH
    just be man enough to apologize for blaming someone of doing something they were not doing!!!

I Smoke

• ChillyWillis
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'm done chatting about this. I think I've made my point. However, I will leave you with one last piece of advice, because (even though you may not believe it) I am (or try to be) a nice guy. 

There is no need for you to argue this out here. I don't think it will help you. Whatever your original intentions were, I would think it's pretty clear that the majority of the people involved in this thread (and I'd hazard an educated guess that many of the others that haven't yet would as well) agree that your intentions were not to just drop by and offer a sauce and rub review from a cook last night (seeing as from your own admission it was from 11 months ago).  Also, with all of your posting on this forum all day long (1/2 of your total content here) you've got no posts on any other threads. That shows you have little interest in the community aside from what you decide to introduce as a topic (spam). 

Take it like a man, nut up, and move along to another forum (with your advertising). If problem people stick around here too long, there have been letter writing campaigns to what would be in this case what would be desperado, or other sponsors (or revewies). Heck, I've seen this forum spam the people who run BGE on a holiday weekend to get problem people out of the mix around here. 

I truly do hope you get that small BGE for Father's Day. I respect your hustle (I used to work in sales, moved up to investigation), but know when you're beat. 
  • PigskinBarbeque
    Options
    I don't care what you and your followers think Chilly.
    I know why I posted, just because your life is built around this forum and you have nothing else going on is your fault.

Please be my guest and contact Desperado BBQ so you can make a fool of yourself, that way I can come back here and make a post about it and you and the rest of those who feel like you can kiss where the sun don't shine, and since we on here, that's my behind!!!!!

Please contact them I"M BEGGING YOU!!!!!!!
    I Smoke

• PigskinBarbeque
    Options
    Admittedly, I'm too lazy to go to your site, but if indeed the review is from last year  wtf took so long  to get it here?  
    now wouldn't you think I would have been posted it had I been trying to do the things I've been accused of by some of these people?
    Actually, I come here and read posts often but don't really post and I saw this as a post I thought people on the forum would find helpful in the case they had seen the sauce before and wondered what it was like. But again I see how some people here treat folks who share.
    I Smoke

• PigskinBarbeque
    Options
    things that make you go hmm?
    I Smoke

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Look @PigskinBarbeque it's not about who shares and who doesn't. It's about who contributes to the forum before trying to review something that is directly or indirectly related to their web income. You come in to our community pimping products without actually contributing something before you are going to get rightfully blasted. 

In a moment of weakness a few months ago I posted a fundraising site for my buddy who had/has cancer. Rightfully so it was downplayed and blocked on the forum as this is not a promotional or fundraising site. 

Like others have said, contribute on a cook or post something that you have done regardless of whether or not you have an egg yet. It will get you further then coming on here and trying to be master level review man that no one knows.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • PigskinBarbeque
    PigskinBarbeque Posts: 42
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Scott the review isn't connected to any income!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    for your info I've posted before, did the intro post and everything last year.
    had the post been blocked different story, I could understand that but for folks to accuse me of something I'm not purposely doing, I will defend myself against any **** attack and if you or anyone else has an issue with that then too damn bad!!!

I Smoke

• PigskinBarbeque
    Options
    I wonder if Primo has a forum and treats people this way?
    I Smoke

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    had the post been blocked different story, I could understand that but for folks to accuse me of something I'm not purposely doing, I will defend myself against any **** attack and if you or anyone else has an issue with that then too damn bad!!!

Ditch the egg.  Get a Primo. Then go spam their forum.

Just sayin' :smiley: 

I hope someone sent a link to the Desperado folks,  so they can see what a fantastic job our friend is doing. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • PigskinBarbeque
    Options
    Caliking I asked someone to contact, and since you're such a wonderful person why don't you contact them!
    I'm BEGGING one of you to do so! 
    I can't wait for you to be embarrassed!!!!!!!

I Smoke

• PigskinBarbeque
    Options
    caliking said:

Ditch the egg.  Get a Primo. Then go spam their forum.

Just sayin' :smiley: 

I hope someone sent a link to the Desperado folks,  so they can see what a fantastic job our friend is doing. 
    Getting a Primo oval is an idea as of tonight! Might tell the family I changed my mind. I'm sure BGE will be glad to know that some folks on this forum are costing them sales. 
    Yes I have ach bad vibe persons screen name from this thread and will let BGE know yall cost them.
    Here's to yall!

I Smoke

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Dear lord I really need to go to bed, but @PigskinBarbeque wants to start #@!. Seriously man, woman, child or what ever you are with the ability to use a keyboard get off of this forum. Go to the Primo forum and talk about the BGE boys because we are so mean. 

We would love to see you get any cooker of any value, cook something and present it on the stage. Hell go get a god damn garbage can and put some newspaper in it and cook something. Until you present something of worth your opinion on sauces/products won't hold much weight here. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season.