Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Yeti Tumblers - 20oz or 30oz?

Options
2»

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,617
    Options
    30, no question.  The 20 is for coffee.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I have both. 20 is for coffee, the 30 is for ice water until beer o' clock.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I have the 30, SWMBO has the 20.  Neither fit in my car's cup holder - they're the same at the base.  Get the 30.  If you want 20 oz of beverage, it handles it.
    Options
    I have both    Use the 30 at home and the 20 in the car   I have a Mini Cooper (no it is not for sale) and the 30 doesn't fit in the cup holder :)     What better reason than to get another one?
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    the 30 is good for party hopping at camp but i dont want it at home =) 1 two inch ice cube, fill with bourbon, repeat. 3 seems to be the magic number
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Legume
    Options
    @fishlessman how do you like bourbon out of the yeti?  do you use the lid or not?
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    Legume said:
    @fishlessman how do you like bourbon out of the yeti?  do you use the lid or not?
    black fly season is starting in maine, the lid is needed plus theres nothing worst than taking a sip and getting a bee bite on your lip ;) the 30 is a little large for bourbon =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Legume
    Options
    ah, got it.  plenty more bugs here in Austin compared to California, but it's not really a problem, just minor annoyance at times
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Got the wife the 30oz in her stocking for Christmas.  Use it quite often and like it a lot.  I'd say go big or go home.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    So, I can fill the 30 with Tito's and Grapefruit, drink for a couple hours or so and be in position to tell SWMBO I only had one drink? 

Beautiful
    New Albany, Ohio 

• EggHead_Bubba
    EggHead_Bubba Posts: 566
    Options
    I would love to have one around 40 ounces!

Rocky Top, TN — Large BGE • Cast Iron Grate & Platesetter • Rockwood Lump

• biggreenbradUK
    Options
    Love my 30 but want a 20. 30 for beer but I need a 20 for coffee
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Okay.  Y'all talked me into it.  Gonna head out after work today or tomorrow and pick me up a Yeti Tumbler.  I wanna drink with the cool kids!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• malligator
    malligator Posts: 102
    Options
    I love both my tumblers (20 and 30), but I love the Colster I got this weekend even more. To answer the original question, though, 20 oz'er for coffee at work, 30 oz'er for craft bombers at home.

LBGE in PHX

• NervousDad
    NervousDad Posts: 307
    Options
    Drink fast in a glass :)
    Aurora,OH
  • Kyle919
    Kyle919 Posts: 28
    Options
    This thread was bad influence !  Went and got the other 2 today!
  • Kyle919
    Kyle919 Posts: 28
    Options
    @malligator
    haha I can see where that will be a problem.  I'm sure it will happen many times next week while on vacation .
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    Those things make me want to take up drinking...
  • Legume
    Options
    My wife bought me a colster yesterday, tried it with a bottle and it didn't really work (maybe a fatter bottle is needed), but seemed to work well with a can. I guess I'll have to give it a workout this weekend.
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2015
    Options
    The Colster is the real deal, received one as a gift recently.  Will be a nice addition during the dog days.  Haven't tried bottles due to this issue, that is delegated to the trusty, krusty, leather ZBB koozie. 

Not ruling out the Yeti 20 or 30 at some point, but currently have no use for them in my routines.  A 40 would be perfect for my 8 ball....."40 oz in my lap and it's freezin' my ballz".
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Have both, don't use em for alcohol. I like the glass method above.
    Seattle, WA
  • SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    Options
    I like the 30 because I can't get my hand in the 20 to clean it without some sort of tool.

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    bo31210 said:
    I have both    Use the 30 at home and the 20 in the car   I have a Mini Cooper (no it is not for sale) and the 30 doesn't fit in the cup holder :)     What better reason than to get another one?
    Same diameter bottom on both.
    Options
    Is there a shortage of mini coopers I'm unaware of?
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    SWMBO bought a Mini Cooper. SWMBO sold the Mini Cooper.
    Based on her experience the second step in her association with the Mini was > than her purchase.
    It may have been a lemon, I don't know, but the tires spent more time on a car hauler than on the ground.
    Nothing like a a brake fluid reservoir made of plastic. Oh, and brake fluid, you will see what I mean. It can only be purchased at the dealership for that model. If memory serves me correctly around $80.00 per liter? I may be wrong but it was over the top.
    Cool cars, but my SWMBO is not an advocate for a Mini.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,571
    Options
    I have also just bought the Colster..The jury is still out on what I think.. This upcoming weekend I will put it through it's paces..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....