Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How many top your burgers with fried eggs?

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,887
I keep seeing that option show up at some local burger joints, but I still have never tried one. Nor have I here at home. I love eggs, but for some reason I have mental block about the idea. Any believers here to convince the rest of us? 
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022
    Thats my favorite way.  I also like peanut butter on my burgers too so my tastes may not be reliable for others.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    The best burgers I have ever eaten had fried egg,on top. The bun is also key to having the whole concoction hold up. 
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Yes. Youll be wondering why you waited so long

LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    edited April 2015

That may be the best way, ever, to prepare burgers.

And the messiest.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• RRP
    Thats my favorite way.  I also like peanut butter on my burgers too so my tastes may not be reliable for others.
    Peanut butter as a cold condiment spread on the bun I assume? My second favorite Chinese restaurant in P-town has a delicious fried chicken breast coated with peanut butter and then cut in strips. Wifey doesn't care for PB so I never have tried to make it at home! 
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Noooo. Mix it in the burger. Fig jam on the bun
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • TnJed
    TnJed Posts: 118
    Runny egg on pretty much anything.
    “All normal people love meat … You don’t win friends with salad.” - Homer Simpson
    http://griffinmotors.blogspot.com/
    https://instagram.com/griffin_motors/ 
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    edited April 2015
    RRP said:
    I keep seeing that option show up at some local burger joints, but I still have never tried one. Nor have I here at home. I love eggs, but for some reason I have mental block about the idea. Any believers here to convince the rest of us? 
    I'm with you... love OE eggs - just can't get by that mental block either....  I never do breakfast for dinner and that would be getting too close to being a breakfast food. Breakfast hours are midnight-10am.
  • RRP
    Jstroke said:
    Noooo. Mix it in the burger. Fig jam on the bun
    Hmmm, guess I would have to figure out a different way to make my burgers the way I prefer. BTW I egged a couple of these 1/3 pounders last night and we just love them!

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Love a runny fried egg on my bacon cheeseburgers.  It's amazingly good.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    I don't think I want one. It sounds gross to me. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Jstroke
    Im telling all you doubters it is like extra runny cheesy richy yumminess. Over medium egg, solid whites and warm runny yolk. Extra yummy fry the egg in butter
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Jstroke said:
    Im telling all you doubters it is like extra runny cheesy richy yumminess. Over medium egg, solid whites and warm runny yolk. Extra yummy fry the egg in butter
    I would probably try it if I was somewhere and they had them, but I doubt I will be trying it at home. I have never cared for fried eggs. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • RRP
    edited April 2015
    Jstroke said:
    I promise I will try one soon - say at a local Steak 'n Shake where they call them Burger's Royale - I think and go from there! Yo Jamie - I mean @Ozzie_Isaac, should I bring along a hidden package of peanut butter to spread on my burger? Smooth or crunchy style? Will you call 911 for me or should I plan to coordinate all that myself? 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    I would recommend mixing in a little real maple with the beef, then top with bacon and a fried egg.  A boutique burger joint calls this the "breakfast all day" burger.  I haven't fully replicated it at home yet but will soon.  

I did a bacon cheeseburger with over medium and it was great, but the kids said it wast too messy.  Next time I think I will break the yolk and cook it with just a little runny yolk left. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    RRP said:
    Jstroke said:
    I promise I will try one soon - say at a local Steak 'n Shake where they call them Burger's Royale - I think and go from there!
    Red Robin also has a pretty good one
    Greensboro, NC
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600

When I make burgers I always make two many and then have one for breakfast the next morning and always put a fried egg on top, no bun but toast open faced and always look forward to it.  I have had a burger on a bun with a fried egg at a burger joint and it was very good however I have never put it into the rotation. I don't see why not! 

Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • Jstroke
    Burgers are like good east coast pizza. I want stuff dripping clear to my elbows. 
  • RRP
    Wolfpack said:

Red Robin also has a pretty good one
    We have a RR within a 30 minute drive - I guess at $10.79 the are pretty proud of their burgers! We also have a 5 fat guys and a smash burger  nearby both of which I have tried once and will NEVER return to! 
    http://www.redrobin.com/menu/item/53fd6497-c4b5-42f8-9bf6-4a16441e8719/
  • RRP

When I make burgers I always make two many and then have one for breakfast the next morning and always put a fried egg on top, no bun but toast open faced and always look forward to it.  

Now THERE is an idea I will run with! THANK YOU! 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    @RRP the Royal from steak&shake is ok.  Not the best example.  Benny's grill in Decatur has a great one.

Corvette Diner in So Cal has a Rory burger that is awesome.  Thats where I first tried peanut butter on a burger.

I like smooth peanut butter spread on the hot burger.  I never tried mixing it in the patty, but I will next time.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • RRP
      Benny's grill in Decatur has a great one.

Decatur? DECATUR, ILLINOIS? You think I am going to drive from Dunlap clear to Decatur to get a burger with a fried egg on it? You engineers just baffle me! I hope your Father gets home from AZ soon to b*tch slap some sense into you! =)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    lol.  He is back in town, but since he probably owes you money he is staying quiet.
  • RRP
    lol.  He is back in town, but since he probably owes you money he is staying quiet.
    LOL - that $1.52 was a tip for arranging the deal! BTW I still haven't used ANY!
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    This sounds like a this weekend cook. How soft/ runny do you make the eggs? Over easy till half of the yolk is cooked? Steam till just the egg white is cooked?

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Ozzie_Isaac
    I do over easy.  Hard white and very runny yellow.  Just like a "dippy" egg for toast.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    I love doing this. Do your burger like normal and fry an egg over medium. Delicious. I do it with double cheese and bacon. 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • mgd_egg
    mgd_egg Posts: 476
    My favorite burger toppings are fried egg,bacon and cheese. It's a perfect combo. 
    Lg & MM BGE, Humphrey’s Battle Box | Palatine, Illinois  
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Fried egg on top of a burger is the top of the mountain!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga